6. Take My Bones Away

7. Back Where I Belong

8. Sea Lungs

9. Board Up The House

10. The Line Between

Views: 78

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

GARY CLARK JR ...  Two thumbs trippin' to the jams man! 

I must say I am pleasantly surprised, never heard of this guy, ever.  And there's some serious jammin' goin' on here!  And what's the deal with this over 7 minute second song RJ?  You starting to like these extended jam tunes?  You know something other than the 3 minute KISS "anthem-attempt"?  You are showing huge musical growth here!  And I don't mean that in any other way than this is a very cool post and one I wouldn't expect from you.  Bluesy with some hints funk, rockabilly, and tons of really nice geetar work.  Numb is very Hendrix-esque.  Cool!  I can see hitting the road with this blazin!  This ones going on a wish list

7 plus minutes must have guitars, guitars, guitars...

Gary Clark Jr--Thumbs Up

I read about him a few months ago and I was wishing and hoping someone would post some of his music. Little did I know it would be....Rjhog? Interesting. The geetar is smoking hot here but the first track was a little meh. Made up for it with every other track. Listening to this is getting me in a mood, my head can't stop moving. I'm into this. The article I read compared him to Hendrix and SRV, but this guy has his own style, man. Now I wanna light up.     

And to think that I almost didn't post it 'cause I thought it would get no love at all.

Shows what you know!

Baroness--thumb in the middle

It's The Sword with a different name. It's not bad, but I've heard this before, ya know? THe best track was #7, it was kinda mellow and I dug it. Probably because I lit up due to the previous album. Not a purchase but a decent listen.

GARY CLARK JR. - 3 out of 6 Classic Rocks

I like the first track. Nice guitar, also. Second track is too bluesy for me, but it ain't bad-bad. Nice guitar again, some of it, anyway. When I got to track 3, I realised that , I kind of like this music, but not enough to purchase it. I would probably listen once or twice, maybe. Track 3 bores me a bit, like his guitar-playing also is starting to bore me. The same tones over and over again ain't my cup of tea. The music reminds me a bit of everybody's favorite band around here: The Black Keys. Or Rival Sons. Track 4 makes me almost yawn. I never wanna hear that one again. Track 5 doesn't really change anything.

BARONESS - 3 out of 6 Classic Rocks

Weird, but facinating album-cover. Ugle birds, though. The music, yeah well, it's not bad. It sounds like something, you've heard many times before, and again, it's something I would listen to once or twice. I agree with Jon, that they sound like The Sword and that's not necessarily a good thing, when you're me.

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos