Classic Rock Bottom

Scorpion Child - Scorpion Child (Genre: Retro Rock)

1. Kings Highway

2. The Secret Spot

3. Liquor

4. In The Arms Of Ecstasy

5. Red Blood (The River Flows)

Troubled Horse - Step Inside (Genre: Retro Rock)

6. Tainted Water

7. Sleep In Your Head

8. One Step Closer To My Grave

9. As You Sow

10. Don't Lie

Views: 66

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

SCORPION CHILD - 2 out of 6

There's nothing wrong with this style of music. But most of these bands sounds exactly the same to me. It's okay music to have in the background at times, but it's going to be boring pretty fast. The singer reminds a bit of Noddy Holder from Slade, but he has got a weaker voice (who hasn't?), but also a bit like Blackie Lawless. Track 1 and 2 are okay, but track 3 is where, I would change the CD, if I could. Track 5 has a good start, even though it's been done 5,000,000 times before, but then it turns into something blah, and the best thing about it is the last 7 minutes of complete silence, or maybe it's not complete silence, but I'm REALLY wasting time now! I'm very glad, that I didn't buy this crap. Man, 2013 started out allright, but it has been 5 months or something like that, since the last good release. 

TROUBLED HORSE - 3 out of 6.

Sigh! More of the same shit! Maybe a little better, than SC. First track was not bad. A good speed. Second track is not as good, but it's still better than SC. If I was out having a beer, and this band was playing, I probably would say, that this was great, and depending on how many beers, I drank, probably go home and purchase the damn thing. A few days later, I would then regret it, because a couple of listenings would be more than enough. But in the moment, this is not bad at all.

Scorpion Child--Thumbs Up

First I thought of Zeppelin and then that changed and I started thinking of Fastway. The lead singer sounds like Dave King quite a bit, especially the first three tracks. Then he sounded different on the beginning of the 4th track, and then he sounded like Dave King again. There's sill the Zep vibe, but I'm getting more of a Fastway vibe, which should be a Zep vibe since Fastway kinda sounded like Zep. Whoever they sound like, I am really liking this. The last song sounds a bit like Zeppelin but also Zebra which Scott will absolutely love! Too bad you couldn't cut out that last hour or so of ambient nighttime noise on that final song.    

Thumbs between 1/2 & 3/4 up

Maybe it'll take a few more listens for it to REALLY grab me, but this just sounds mostly messy. The second song was good, the fourth song has a nice riff. The last song has some ole country geetaring going on and isn't too bad at all. Interesting that the songs seem longer than they actually are, even though they're not boring. Really not bad the more I think of it, maybe I'll go thumbs halfway up.

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos