Classic Rock Bottom

by "not what you were expecting, Scott?" Jon

I'm absolutely positive everyone* will love both of these! One of the Within Temptation songs was already featured on this here site, but I had to include it unless you wanted to hear some rap? No? Didn't think so. 

And we all know Roger Taylor, or at least SHOULD know.   

This will be your favorite NMC post of the year!

Within Temptation--Hydra (February 2014)

1. Dangerous (feat. Howard Jones)

2. Paradise (What About Us?) (feat. Tarja)

3. Silver Moonlight

4. Dog Days

5. Whole World Is Watching (feat Dave Pirner)

Roger Taylor--Fun On Earth (November 2013)

1. One Night Stand!

2. Be With You

3. I Don't Care

4. Be My Gal (My Brightest Spark)

5. Smile

*all 2.5 of you.

Views: 56

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Within Temptation - Thumbs Even

I was a fan of this genre for about five minutes. Not saying this is bad, but it's about 50-50 for me. I like tracks 1,2 and 4. Dog Days is probably the best song here. The first track is good except for the fact that the dude's vocals are a distraction.
Roger Taylor - thumbs slightly elevated

Weird in spots, but mostly interesting. Probably will not pick up either of these, but I like this one better.

WITHIN TEMPTATION ...  Thumbs within 9/10 down and fully down 

Howard "No One Is To Blame" Jones?  The dudes vocals have a thick Paul Stanley feel to them (at least on that first track), surprised you like that.  No sing of Howard on that first track, must've just been a player?  Kinda with RJ on this in that this style has been played out, now its starting to sound tired.  Up through the first 3 tracks and they kinda just melt together, hard to distinguish one from the other.  Dog Days dogged on ...  And mercifully Whole World Is Watching was actually quite nice and by far the best song here...

Silly Scott. Trix are for kids and this Howard Jones is the lead singer for Devil You Know. 

It was a good thought, pretty much figured it wasn't the real Howard Jones about 2 seconds into the first track, but thought I better ask...

Now I wish I included the track featuring Xzibit!

ROGER TAYLOR ...  Thumbs trending up

Much better! SO he wants a One Night Stand?  At his age he better be done and ready for bed around 8:30pm.  One Night Stands just aren't what they used to be!  Be With You is very simple and repetitive, not overly interesting.  I Don't Care was interesting to pay attention to lyrically.  Actually kind of dug the keyboard work on it though!  The songs are good but not special.  SMILE is the best track here.  There isn't a lot of depth to these though, they sound and feel very simple.  Maybe that's the FUN ON EARTH he had creating this?   Not bad, but not a purchase either

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos