Classic Rock Bottom

by "women are REALLY rocking this year" Jon

Another week, another two new albums. This week we bring you the latest from Lacuna Coil (yes Scott, they have put out many albums since their first so get over it) and Bigelf.

Lacuna Coil--Broken Crown Halo (April 2014)

1. Zombies

2. Victims

3. I Forgive (But I Won't Forget Your Name)

4. Infection

5. In The End I Feel Alive

Bigelf--Into The Maelstrom (April 2014)

1. Incredible Time Machine

2. Already Gone

3. The Professor & The Madman

4. Vertigod

5. High

Views: 59

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bigelf (Thumbs Sideways)

I have this as well.  I like it, but don't love it.  I think the first half of the album is stronger than the second half.  In spots it reminds me a bit of Cheap Trick.  But, overall, it almost sounds like one long song to me.  I'll listen to it some more, which may or may not changer my mind, but for now it's just average.

Lacuna Coil (Thumbs that don't really care where they point)

This band is freakin' bi-polar.  They have a terrific female vocalist.  And her style is really different from other female vocalists if you ask me.  For the most part, she has a very level affect.  But she can really sing.  Then they have a male vocalist that has a decent enough voice, but he wants to growl so bad.  You can tell.  Every time he does, he ruins that song for me.  But I know he can sing, just check out his effort on track 3.  And of course, after typing all of this, I realize that the last 3 songs are pretty good.

That review is freakin' bi-polar.

Big Elf ... Thumbs 90% down versus 10% up, its a glass half empty thing! 

Listening in reverse order just to go against the establishment!  (that and its been so long since LC released their debut's follow up that I want to be prepared) ...  I wish the incredible time machine would blast me past this first song!  Its got this wanna be Beatles thing happening but it doesn't work.  Already Gone?  Yes about one-third of the way through the incredible time machine! The Professor & Mary Ann didn't hold my interest.  I'm a Ginger kinda guy!!  Vertigo is exaclty what I'm getting by listening to this.  RJ heard Cheap Trick, I hear them trying to create some sort of Magical Mystery tour album.  I started listening to High but I didn't have enough intestinal fortitude to make it all the way through... I give them credit for trying something, but it just doesn't work for me...  at all

Kinda feel like I should've spent this time going back to Space Elevator

oops...  wait ...  not that age of Ginger...  this one!!! 

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos