7. The Other Side

8. Emotionless

9. Worlds Away

10. Awake

Views: 60

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Delta Deep--Thumbs Up

With that first title, you would expect this to be pretty stupid but it's quite the opposite. Bluesy hard rock and Debbi has quite the voice, I must say. There were a couple parts in some of the songs that had that messy sound, but overall this is a fantastic listen.

Red Sun Rising--Thumbs Down

Every song sounds like something done before, be it the vocals, a geetar riff or the chorus. Listening to these songs I was thinking to myself, "Hey, I've heard this before but years ago". That second song would have been played over and over again if it was released in the 90's. I guess the album cover is kinda newish, but that's about it.  

DELTA DEEP ...  Two Thumbs almost up

Thought I was in for some more Americana, but this is plugged in and rockin!!  Love the slide work, maybe because I've been on such a Stones kick that I've been pre-conditioned for this.  Not sure I quite got into the vibe of that second track it just felt kinda rough, but the funk of the third track has me hooked right away!  I like this bass line and tempo.  And I like the 4th track as well, its got some soul and the vocals are great.  More geetar though please!  The closer was just a so-so listen.  3 of 5 for me, not in purchaseville but I would love to hear how these guy grow....

RED SUN RISING ... Thumbs trending down

This would be right at home in the mid to late 90's.  But in 2015?  Not so sure...  Seems like they should head off in more of that Emotionless direction, that one seems to be most unique of the bunch, and therefore the most interesting.  Worlds Away is pretty good as well, but it too has a familiar ring to it.  Awake was ... well, not a good note to end on.  I've never heard of these guys so its definitely time well spent and I would be happy to hear them again the future to hear what direction they've taken.

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos