Classic Rock Bottom

The Dead Daisies - Revolucion

1. Mexico

2. Looking For The One

3. Make The Best Of It

4. With You And I

5. Critical

Riverside - Love, Fear And The Time Machine

6. Lost (Why Should I Be Frightened By A Hat?)

7. #Addicted

8. Saturate Me

9. Discard Your Fear

10. Time Travellers

Views: 81

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Dead Daisies--Thumbs 3/4 up

Even though it really offers nothing new, it was still a fun listen. Corabi sounds great here, but different than when he was on Snotty Spew's greatest album. Could be age or something, who knows. Had to dock a little since a few parts on one song reminded me of Bon Jerky, should have reminded me of Peter Frampton, but BJ has ruined that for us all. Liked the use of piano, it was unexpected. BU, not a purchase since I wasn't totally blown away.

Riverside--Thumbs In The Middle

I'm going to be in the minority here, but this is almost quite boring. Unlike the previous album which had a bunch of songs that immediately grabbed me, this one doesn't have any. It sounds great, but it has become nothing more than background music. Thought I missed something with the first listen, but still feel the same way after the second go-thru. Kind of interesting in that I did not like the album that came out before "Shrine Of New Generation Slaves", so maybe I'll like their next album. Kinda a letdown listening to this, I expected so much more.  

RIVERSIDE -

Hmmm, it'll probably take a few more listenings, until I know, what I REALLY think, but after listening to the whole album once, these are my thoughts: It's a very mellow album, too mellow if you ask me. It's a kind of Prog, but I can also hear inspiration from The Cure and especially It Bites. I wish, there would had been heavier or proggier tracks. All the songs kind of melt together as one VERY loooooooong song. But I can hear some good stuff in it. Some good melodies. There are a little bit of guitar, now and then, but overall this is a pop-release imo. There are quite a few new albums to check out at the moment ( and there will be even more next Friday), so I don't really know, when or if I will listen a second time. But if the second time bores me, that's it for me.

RIVERSIDE ...  Thumbs Up

Slower?  Yes.  More melodic?  Heck YES!!  And that's exactly in my wheelhouse (sorry had to bring that term back for this).  The guitar work is really strong (RJ missed posting Under The Pillow among others which showcase strong yet melodic guitar work). The back half of the disc is quite plodding but it really is worth the time to re-listen.  I like this one.  Turns out its no threat to break into the top half of my top ten, but it may crack the list.

I agree with..................................................................everybody.

It is much slower paced.  And the guitar work is outstanding.  Some very nice solos.  

I like it, but I don't think it's as good as SONGS.  It reminds me of my overall opinion of Fortress by Alter Bridge.  It's a good album, but doesn't have the bite that it's predecessor had.

Only picked the odd songs because I hadn't really had much of a chance to listen to it.  I've listened through twice now and that's what I think.

As for The Dead Daisies, I love it.  Pure, straight up rock and roll.  Nothing to think about and some great guitar as well.  

Reply by Scott on September 9, 2015 at 3:27pm

DEAD DAISIES...  Two Thumbs Up!

Something tells me this band next album will rank very high in the overall album rankings, probably only behind whatever Steven Wilson releases, even if it might just an EP, but we'll have to wait and see... Man you know who would really put this band over the top?  Doug Aldrichs guitar would fit right in and he needs a stable band with all this non-sense going with the Revolution Saints and leaving Whitesnake recently.  Well that would be the way I would do it anyway...  I really liked this!  I sure hope they keep a keyboard player in the band, I really liked Corabis tunes with them as they added some nice feel goods to the songs...  This is going in the wish list....

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos