7. Big Screen Lies

8. Love You Like I Do

9. After Forever

10. King Of Kings

Views: 55

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

CLUTCH -
I like this album, but I still don't know How much. I've heard it 4-5 times, and I'm not done yet. It's ROCK'N'ROLL and if you're in the mood for that, this is just the album for you. But....it can be too much of the same for one album, just like the last Clutch-album, I bought a few years ago. But to put the album on, once per week or so, will do it for me for now. Will it be on my top 10? Yes, I think so. Do I have 10 albums, that belong on my list? No!!

STRYPER - Sorry, it would be a waste of my and your time.

Clutch--Thumbs 3/4 up

Even though this doesn't really offer anything new, it was still a fun listen. The first two tracks were nice and groovy, the third track was kinda bland but track #4 is a standout. Reminds me of surfer music and/or something from the 50's. The last song has a kind of epic feel, almost like one of those awesomely long southern rock songs. So, except for the one song, this was a pleasurable listen. Probably not a buy, though.

Stryper--Thumbs down

I went into this with an open mind. And ears. It started of interesting and then there came the scream and it went downhill from there. Well, kinda. The second track is pretty good, nice riffagiffage going on. After that, I just didn't care anymore because it got bad and then worse. I guess I gotta kinda admire these guys for sticking around so long, but they hafta admire me for still not ever buying a Stryper album. Ever. Mutual admiration! For those wondering, I did listen to this twice so I gave it a chance.

CLUTCH ... Two Thumbs down

I had hoped this would match the comments made so far, but the opener doesn't work for me at all. The retro production, and vocals really didn't get me going, but I do like the beat and rhythm section.  The guitar work is great, the songs eh... not so much.  TO know ones surprise, this is not for me...

STRYPER ... Two indifferent Thumbs

I like this band, I really do.  Oz Fox is a special guitarist and way underrated.  Sweets voice hasn't lost anything over the years.  And the band rocks as hard as they ever have.  The issue I had with the tracks they previewed prior to release persist in this listen as well, and that's the simple fact that this sounds and feels too similar to 2013's No More Hell To Pay.  In fact the previous release is much better IMO because its a bit more melodic.  I would say this is a cool album, if I didn't own NMHTP, but I do and that's where I land on this one.  I do recommend owning one of these two albums, but my recommendation would be for NMHTP with no criticism if you chose Fallen instead... 

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos