1. Dance The Night

2. Birds Of Paradise

3. GOAT

4. Avalanche Of Light

5. Lillies

Views: 63

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hmmmm, the first song on the album sounds great, but from then on, it goes downhill. I couldn't listen to the whole album, because once again, I felt like, I was wasting my time. Why listen to a sub-standard Cult-album, when you (if you want to) can listen to Cult-albums from the 80's that are much better. So far, there haven't been released ONE album in 2016, that deserves a spot on my Top 10. I feel like something will happen in April, when Haken and P.J.Harvey releases new albums, though, but then again, I also had my expectations up a bit high for Dream Theaters album, which is complete and utter puke. This is better, but not good enough....for me.

The Cult--Thumbs in the middle, slowly going down

The old me would have picked this up on release day. The new me doesn't follow those rules. Except for the third song, the rest of this sounds the same. Their last really good album, Beyond Good And Evil,  came out 15 years ago and since then I have been extremely underwhelmed. Except for the one song, I am again underwhelmed. Must be a deep meaning with that cover, don't know what it has to do with the title, but sometimes it doesn't I guess? At least this is much better than most of the crap that's designated as music nowadays, so that's something. Ian Astbury seems to be  out of tune on some of these songs? Nope, no purchase for me.  

Thumbs not feeling this one...
I'm more of a Greatest hits fan of this band than an album owner.  So....  Only a couple times did I sit up and listen and one of those was the beginning of Birds of Paradise but the song falls off.  The outro to GOAT was cool, and the geetar work is there at times as well, but vocally this is off.  Jon he sounds out of tune sometimes, and that's what I'm getting as well.  The songwriting isn't there as well.  Just a bit out of my wheelhouse...

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos