Classic Rock Bottom

by "this could have been a twosie but keeping it onesie" Jon

Cheap Trick--Bang Zoom Crazy...Hello (April 2016)

1. No Direction Home

2. Do You Believe Me?

3. Sing My Blues Away

4. The In Crowd

5. The Sun Never Sets

Views: 212

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What in the blue hell does this have to do with this post and with anything under the freakin' sun, moon, stars, clouds and Skylab?

your by-line... ??  geez...

Yes, but Mr. Scott, what you posted is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever seen. At no point in your rambling, incoherent post were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this site is now dumber for having read and seen it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

youre welcome... 

So I'm tryin' to follow Bossmans Cheap Trick rankings, I do a lot of listening in the car on the way to or home from work.  And for whatever reason, I haven't yet to sync any of my Cheap Trick albums to my iPod so I'm at a disadvantage right now.  So what does that have to do with this?  Nuthin' just venting...

My Cheap Trick story begins with Dream Police, well maybe actually with the overplayed live version of "I Want You To Want Me", but see I never bought "At Budokan" so...  But I did Dream Police and I loved the album, so much so I went out and bought Heaven Tonight soon after, but Heaven Tonight failed to garner any more interest in the band for me, for years and years, and then along came "Tonight’s Its You" and that sparked a Greatest Hits purchase, and then along came "The Flame" and the wife insisted that I buy "Lap of Luxury" (no seriously she did, and no one can say she didn't 'cause that's my story and I'm sticking to it), and then *poof* - no more Cheap Trick for me.  Until, you guys came along, and then I went back and bought the debut and In Color, and rebought HT and DP remastered on CD.  Heck I even bought "All Shook Up" remastered because it was 5 dollars on Amazon and "Stop This Game" became a favorite track as well.  So there you have it, my Cheap Trick story.  So what does that have to do with this? Probably nuthin'...

But I have been paying close attention to this new release and the press surrounding it.  It’s been very favorable and I'm not sure if that's because its that good or the record label and the RRHOF ceremony are driving some publicity and sales...  I sat through all the 30 second soundbites on iTunes yesterday and I must say I'm intrigued.  IMO there’s at least 30 seconds of every song on here that sounds very good....

So now I’ve rambled on enough to have listened to all 5 songs posted here, and ...  I like this a lot!  There’s nothing that I'm hearing that wasn’t really good to great!  So that leaves only one question…  Do I buy this now or wait and see if a Deluxe Edition comes out….

Considering the price? I say NOW.

Auto Rip is cool!

It is, but a majority of the time I just wait for the CD to arrive since it's the same day with pre-orders.

I must say that I've been having a fun time with Prime Music and the amount of full albums you can listen to. Lots of artists/albums I never bothered to pick up and it's nice to give them a listen and see if they're something I would revisit. Eventually going to be checking out Steeleye Span for the heck of it  

Agreed, I've added it to my library so I can have it now, but I'll end up removing the auto rip version and importing the CD because I have my settings at a higher quality but rate.

Autorip can be aggravating, as sometimes all of the songs don't transfer and I have to do it multiple times.  But that may just be my computer for all I know.

I haven't had a download issue with Amazon

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos