Classic Rock Bottom

by "this could have been a twosie but keeping it onesie" Jon

Cheap Trick--Bang Zoom Crazy...Hello (April 2016)

1. No Direction Home

2. Do You Believe Me?

3. Sing My Blues Away

4. The In Crowd

5. The Sun Never Sets

Views: 212

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have this but haven't listened to it yet.  I'm kind of picking at this post a bit because I haven't had time to listen to the whole thing, but Do You Believe Me? is heavy as hell.  Nice!  

Quite heavy!

This is pretty dang good.  The only song that doesn't immediately win me over is The In Crowd.  It's certainly not bad.  No Direction Home is just a cool little toe tapper, a terrific power pop gem.  Like I said earlier, Do You Believe Me is unbelievable heavy.  Don't know if CT has ever been heavier, and I love the extended soloing by Nielsen.  Sing My Blues Away should be a radio hit.  It won't be, but it's a fantastic song.  But maybe the best song here is The Sun Never Sets.  You can really hear Petersson's bass and the melody is great.

Still haven't listened to the full album yet.  Maybe a bit later tonight.

Not surprisingly I guess, I'm not as positive about this album as others.

Sure, it's an okay album, and yes, I agree, that NDH would be a hit in a perfect world, and that TSNS is an good/okay song.

It's a heavy album, and that suits CT. "Heart On Line" is a good opener, but....

Listening to it 5 times now makes me think, that it's not an album that will grow on me. It won't be better than this, and imo it's an okay album, but not a "comeback"-album. CT were legendary great on their first 3 albums, great on their next two albums, then Petersson left, and they changed to a good band for a couple of albums, and then they became a not very good album-band, where I personally lost interest. I bought a few 90's-albums, but this album sounds to me, as they kind of did on those 90s-albums, meaning I won't probably hear this album in a couple of weeks times from now on.

I miss a GREAT song. As I've said before, imo the last really GREAT CT-song on an album was back in 1988: "All We Need Is A Dreram". That song would appear on a top-list of mine. I haven't heard a song since then, that deserves that.

It's not a bad album, and I really wouldn't have expected a better CT-album in 2016, and right now, it has a sure place on my top 10-list of 2016. But there's only a couple albums "deserving" that now, if any at all.

"Sing My Blues Away" is another decent song, and listening to the best songs on the album, I gave them SMASH at first, and I still would do that, but as a whole, the whole album is only okay.

If I'm nice, I would give it 4/6, if not 3/6, so my final verdict is 3.5/6.

And I AM missing Bun E. Carlos. He's not the best drummer in the world (neither is Rick Nielsen jnr.), but he belongs in Cheap Trick.

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos