2. Peace Of Mind

3. Wastin' Time (Live)

4. It's Raining

5. Mr. Mistake

Views: 55

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Peter Wolf--Thumbs In The Middle

Nothing here really stood out, even after repeated listens. I actually thought it was Mick Jagger with the first song because it really sounded like Mick Jagger. I guess I kind of like "Mr. Mistake" because it sounds different from everything else and it's fun. I had his first solo album when it came out, didn't like it much and that was the last I paid attention to Peter Wolf. Still would like to get that last J. Geils album, now that I'm thinking of J. Geils.......

The cover of Love Stinks is sort of blue grass...

J Geils have two great albums and then there's a lot of hit and miss, mostly miss.  Monkey Island and Love Stinks are killer albums, must haves even (but maybe we'll leave that for a SHT posting later... maybe)  ...  But especially after Love Stinks it all became misses.  Maybe I'm not familiar with that "last" album Jon is referring to though, so I'll leave that open for listening to later.

Rolling On...  Kinda sounds like a recent Mellencamp production with the subdued drums and mellow, melancholy even, droning song structure.  Pass...

Peace of Mind... Well if anyone was wondering if its true that people mellow with age, this is proof.  At least this one has an interesting feel.  Still, its gets lost in the background

Wastin' Time (Live)... Why do this?  Why place a live track in the middle of a studio album.  Kinda feels like a deluxe edition bonus track and not intended for the album.  Also, has the feel of some old J Geils-style lyrics and choruses, but mellower.

Its Raining...  4th slow track in a row.

Mr Mistake..  hmmm.  Must say, this is and isn't exactly what I expected...  It is expected because I didn't have high expectation and it isn't because I thought it would have been more upbeat.  But it is alos, because I dismissed this after checking out the soundbytes some time ago.  Now I can confirm it 100%.

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos