Classic Rock Bottom

Just read an article with some pretty interesting ones... Heres a few that caught my eye...

• Dave Mustaine, David Ellefson, Lars Ulrich and James Hetfield get together for a one-off studio project.
  • Ritchie Blackmore decides to put Rainbow back on the road, with Joe Lynn Turner as vocalist.
  • Slade get back together one last time, and do a farewell show.
  • Sales of rock and metal albums go up, as other genres continue to suffer.

Heres a couple from me...

• Steve Perry hits the studio, solo...  Talks of rejoining Journey swirl which in fact will be confirmed
  • Boston releases new material to critical praise and a successful tour boosts sales
  • A Monsters of Rock like tour will announce an End of the World tour which will kick off on December 21st 2011 by playing near the Palengue Myan ruins and stage the finale on the same day 1 year later

Anyone got any?

Views: 34

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I predict, that there WON'T be a new RUSH-album in 2011. Geddy Lee has said, that they are no near finished, and they decided to go on tour instead of making the album, and that maybe the album will come out in the end of 2011, but I think we'll have to wait a year or so.

On the positive side we'll probably see some new albums from Queens of the Stone age, Radiohead and Tom Waits, yeah well, positive for me anyway.

I thought that Slade prediction would catch your eye....
It DID catch my eye, but I'll guess I'll believe it, when I see it. And will it sound (and look) good?

I predict:

We'll still be wondering why Van Halen can't get their shit together.

Steve Perry does something to come out of exile.

Kiss releases a new album around September or October and tours with the same old set list.

Foreigner, Journey, REO, Styx or Cheap Trick will release a new album (possibly more than one of these).

Shinedown will finally quit touring and get a new album out.

Well...  I went 0 for 3!

3 out of 4 !!!!!!!!!! I'm GOOD at this!!!!!!!

Technically, I got the first two right.  Steve Perry actually did an interview.  I didn't say he'd release an album, just that he'd do something to come out of exile.

All my predictions came true. Don't want to reveal what they were because they'll scare everyone. They'll think I'm eveil or something. But rest assured, all 137 of my predictions came true. Just trust me. 

I predict the Black Sabbath reunion album and tour will sell very well! (probably a very DUH statement)

I predict neither MIchael Schenker, nor UFO, will tour the southeastern U.S.A. But IF they do, I'll predict I'll be there!

I predict Atlanta band The Biters will get signed to a record contract. They just came off a short tour supporting Ace Frehley ( Ace effin' Frehley!). Did one show in Atlanta upon their return, then left to tour for a few weeks in Europe.

I predict that Big Jim Slade is done...but I hope not!!!
Last but not least, I predict that I just realized this was for 2011, and not 2012. I predict that I won't do predictions any more!

Hmm...  We'll open a 2012 thread soon, maybe you'll change your mind?  I know Im gonna think on it before I comment...

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

Badge