Classic Rock Bottom

This week's new Cassette Chronicles article takes a first time listen to the Dirty Looks album Turn Of The Screw. You can check it out via this Limelight Magazine.com link.

Views: 28

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have one Dirty Looks CD, but it ain't this one.
However, I did listen to "Turn..." Borrowed it from my friend together with their previous release "Cool From The Wire" and the later "Chewing On The Bit" CDs. I agree, they do sound like Kix, and after a prolonged listen they get boring like AC/DC. (:

Seriously, it's been a while I listened to it so can't really comment on your song-by-song assessment, but I did like these CDs enough to order the "One Bag Leg" CD from Columbia House Club. Yeah, it's been that long. Haven't listened to my CD either, in a good while. Maybe I'll spin it over the weekend.

Some feedback I got on social media definitely leans towards Cool From The Wire as their best album but I really did like this one a lot. If I ever come across CFTW I might check it out though.

I might not remember all the songs from all 4 Dirty Looks CDs I listened to, but I will second the importance of the CFTW album. I do remember liking that one the most.

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

Badge