Classic Rock Bottom

And this time with video's by DOKKEN, JUDAS PRIEST, BLACK VEIL BRIDES , THE CARS, EDDIE VEDDER, CIRCLE OF FATE and SABATON.

BLACK VEIL BRIDES - THE LEGACY

I had to find a substitut for the naughty Jane's Addiction-video I did post, and Scott was lucky enough to see, and this is what I found. They look a bit like KISS, eh?

SABATON - SCREAMING EAGLES

“Screaming Eagles”, the new video from Swedish metal band SABATON, has been released. The track comes off the band’s fifth album, “Coat Of Arms”, which sold around 450 (!!!!!) copies in the United States in its first week of release.

CIRCLE OF FATE - WHAT IF

I know ABSOLUTELY nothing about this band, and I've been trying to find something on the net, but I've giving up. It's a rock-band and it's a new video!!!!!

THE CARS - BLUE TIP

A special request from our very own Scott. From the new album "Move Like This" (See NMC from last weekend)

EDDIE VEDDER - LONGING TO BELONG

From the very new album "Ukulele Songs". I've heard most of the album, and read a few reviews, one good and one bad. I could had written the latter. What do you think?

DOKKEN - JUST GOT LUCKY

From my first Dokken-album, that I bought back in 1984. I saw them open for AC/DC in 1988, and it was such a dissapointment. But this album was good.

JUDAS PRIEST - FREEWHEEL BURNING

From the last classic Judas Priest-album "Defenders Of The Faith" from 1984. Side 1 on the vinyl, is one of my favorite JP-"sides" of all their albums.

Views: 67

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"I guess George Lynch likes balls on his chest". Outch!! 
I thought that was kinda funny.

If I was going to recommend a Judas Priest album to someone who doesnt own any I would go with either British Steele or Screaming For Vengeance depending on your knowledge of Priest - meaning if you prefer "Breaking The Law", go with British Steele, or if you prefer "Youve got another thing coming" then Screaming For Vengeance.

Thats my take...

I do not agree. Neither Breaking the law or You've got another thing coming are NEAR being the best songs on those albums. British Steele is SO much more than BTL makes you believe, and the same with YGATC. Those songs sound like, what they are, JP trying to make a "hit-single". I would definetly recommend BS to a "newbie", because besides the three "hit-singles" BTL, United and Livin' after midnight, the songs are VERY good and don't sound as dated as Screaming For Vengeance, well imo of course. SFV IS also a very good album, but BS is one of alltimes best HM-releases, and why not start at the top.
If you need to buy a Judas Priest album and you've never bought one before it should absolutely 100% be "British Steel".

I woudl agree, "British Steel" - it would be my option, but some people like SFV better, at least in my circles...  Maybe it would be best to buy both at the same time.

So Screaming For Vengeance it is...just kiddin'.  I'll put BS in my want list.

Black Veil Brides--0 points

It started of promising and then just went downhill. Like the DB, and liked the drumming as a whole. The look is silly, and I too thought it was women from the still picture. Double-necked geetars are cool thought so maybe I'll give it .25 points? Don't know. 

Sabaton--1 point

The singer annoyed me at first, but then I got into his sound. Video was wicked cool. The band is pretty good, but even though I got into the singer's style, I don't know if I could sit through a whole album.

Circle Of Fate--0 points

Seems like a video made by a band in a battle of bands type of thing, something made so regular folks (like us!) can vote on which song/band/video is the best. The lead singer isn't that good at all. The band, meh. No thanks.

The Cars--2 points

Really like this song now, didn't at first. The more I listen, the more I like. Video is cool.

Eddie Vedder--won't play

But I'll probably not like it anyway cause it's Eddie Vedder.

Dokken--0 points

Only have liked one Dokken song and that was "Heaven Sent". Did not like this song back then and still don't. Not a Dokken fan at all, whatsoever.

Judas Priest--1 point

Actually played the video game when it was called Pole Position. Cheezy video though, kinda what you'd expect from the 80's. Not a huge fan of this album, but this is probably the best song, IMHO. Well, maybe "Defenders Of The Faith" kinda like that one too. Hey, "Love Bites" is cool too. Maybe I do like this album?

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos