Classic Rock Bottom

This time video's by QUEENSRŸCHE, CHICAGO, TED NUGENT, THEORY OF A DEAD MAN, IN FLAMES, INCUBUS, ELECTRIC BOYS and perhaps BAAL (maybe you can't see/hear it in the US?):

THEORY OF A DEAD MAN - LOWLIFE

Theory of a Deadman is a Canadian rock band from Delta, British Columbia, formed in 2001. The band is currently signed to Roadrunner Records as well as Island Records. The band also includes traits of other music styles, such as country and acoustic, as well as their post-grunge and alternative rock base. So far, they have a total of 5 top 10 hits on the Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks chart, including one #1 hit, "Bad Girlfriend". This is from the new album "The Truth Is..."

ELECTRIC BOYS - ANGELS IN AN AMOURED SUIT

The Electric Boys are a funk metal band founded in Sweden in 1988, which enjoyed a cult status in Europe at the end of the decade. This is from the new album "And Them Boys Done Swang".

INCUBUS - ADOLESCENTS

"Adolescents" is the first single from Incubus' seventh album, If Not Now, When?. It was posted on the band's website on April 4, 2011 (a physical release was released 15 days later, April 19). This is their first single in two years following the release of the Prince and The Revolution cover "Let's Go Crazy" (from the 2009 compilation Monuments and Melodies). It has since peaked at #3 on both the Billboard Alternative Songs chart, and on the Billboard Rock Songs chart.

IN FLAMES - DELIVER US

Another band from Sweeden, In Flames a melodic death metal band from Gothenburg, formed in 1990. Since the band's inception in 1993, they have released ten studio albums and one live DVD. As of 2008, In Flames has sold over 2.5 million records worldwide. From their new album " Sounds Of A Playground Falling".

QUEENSRŸCHE - WOT WE DO

Vocalist Geoff Tate of Seattle progressive rockers QUEENSRŸCHE has made his own video for the band’s new song “Wot We Do” featuring footage from the group’s 2010 Queensrÿche Cabaret tour.

CHICAGO - HARD HABIT TO BREAK

Probably my favorite Chicago-song. And that's what I have to say about this one.

TED NUGENT - LITTLE MISS DANGEROUS

From AllMusic.com:"There's no easy way to say this but here goes: Little Miss Dangerous may be the worst Ted Nugent record ever released. Everything about this album is a huge disappointment. Who knows what the Nuge was thinking when he decided that an album full of artificially triggered sounds would be the way to go. Not only are songs like "Body Talk and "Angry Young Man" horrific, the überclichéd mid-'80s production erases any desire to ever relisten to this effort all the way through. It's a shame that this record didn't end up on a bad late-night mid-'80s cable show soundtrack -- it would have been a perfect fit. Not even composer Bill Conti can save the day on this one. This album is not just a sonic embarrassment in every way shape and form, it's a fiasco all around. Avoid at all costs."

Oh yeah? Well, I thought this album was pretty good in the spring of '86.

BAAL - CHRONICAL LOVESONG

Usually, you can't see the danish video's in the big o'l US of A, but I'll give it another try:I saw the singer on T.V. yesterday, and thought of this song, I really liked when it was released in '96. They were very inspired by Bertolt Brecht, David Bowie and Queen, as you (perhaps) can both see and hear.

Views: 92

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

IN FLAMES ... 1.5 points
Melodic Death Metal, is that a valid genre?  Sounds like a contradiction in terms, you know, Oil and Water?  Its a lot better than its category suggests and the idea to shoot the band playing while riding the Ferris Wheel was very cool.  First time I ever seen that!  1.5 points mostly for the video though.

CHICAGO ... 1 point
Me likey!  Sappy Chicago with Peter Cetera is way better than Chicago without.  But...  at this point the formula was wearing thin.  Chicago 16 perfected this sound and it couldnt get better than what was put out on that release.  So, this song comes along and while a great song, it was a Chicago 16 leftover.  My opinion only!  Chicago 17 is great album though.  1 point

TED NUGENT ... .5 points
I dont get this version of Uncle Ted, this sounds like he was reaching for sales.  In spite of that the song is actually ok, but not my cup of tea!

BAAL ... 0 points
uh ... I cant get my thoughts together on this one.  Let me quote the background singer - "AAAAAAAAAAAAAA".  I have to admit it was a Hot Mess to watch though, and dont we all love watching Hot Messes?

Fun videos this weeks Niels!

Queensryche--1 point

Guess I'm in the minority here. I actually like the song a bit, yeah, it's not really lke Queensryche, but then again, it kind of is. Wish I had seen that tour, watching the video made it seem like it would have been a fun show. Now I'm curious about the rest of the album.

In Flames - 1 point - The song and video were both merely okay.

Chicago - 2 points - Love the song and the vid. I was a big fan of the band during this particular timeframe.

Ted Nugent - 0.5 points - I remember the song but not much else. Hearing it now, it doesn't sound like Ted Nugent with the amped up glossy production. I can't say much about the video.

Chicago--.5 point

I guess I'm getting older because I'm liking some of the 80's soft Chicago stuff. Not all but some. This one is just ok. Giving a full point  off for showing a woman lighting up a cigarette in the video. Disgusting habit. Yech.

Ted Nugent--2 points

Ever since hearing this song first in an episode of Miami Vice, I've liked it.  As a treat, let's see why I liked this song in that episode (not stealing Niels' thunder!):

Baal--1 point

This was interesting and actually good. I like the power chords and the nice geetar solo as well as the screaming guy. Sounded like a mix of new wave & hard rock. Don't really see the similarity to Queen though.

Cool, that you like the song, Jon. I agree, there's not much connection to Queen on THIS song.

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos