Classic Rock Bottom

WHAT CLASSIC ROCK (OR JUST PLAIN ROCK) ARE YOU LISTENING TO?

So what are you listening to right now?  Any genre is cool.

For me:

Scott's Hidden Treasure

Depeche Mode - Wrong (courtesy of Niels)

Kim Mitchell - Akimbo Alogo (courtesy of Jon)

Next week's Album of the Week (hint: think orchestra)

Shinedown - The Sound of Madness

Views: 13800

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Listened to "Wicked Sensation" by Lynch Mob (killer, killer, killer...not a single bad song! and hard to believe its already over 20 years old). Also, the new Queensryche, and "The Lizard" from Saigon Kick. Also Alter Bridge III, and "Contraband" from Velvet Revolver.

I still think ABIII is the best album from last year, and I really don't think there has been one this year that's quite as good.

I too think, that ABIII was the best album last year, but I've heard better this year. 

I might buy me some tickets for an AB-concert in Copenhagen, in about a month or so, but I have to think it over a bit.

Let me guess....Neil Morse.
You bet!!!!
Hmmmm..Black Stone Cherry is support to the Alter Bridge-concert in Copenhagen the 10th of november. Should I go?? 

You'll be kicking yourself if you don't.  That will be a fantastic show.  I hope AB get's around to a US tour with BSC.  Atlanta or Charlotte and I'll be there.

Well, it probably hurts to kick myself, so I've bought 2 tickets. I had to convince one of my friends that it was a good idea.

I look forward to make a review on the Alter Bridge-"Group page".

I was listening to the Warren Zevon collection "Preludes" today at work.

Wow, Alter Bridge and Black Stone Cherry together! What a show that would be. I'm with ya, RJHog, if that tour hits the southeast, I will go! I'd drive to Carolina, Tennessee, Alabama, or elsewhere in Georgia to see that! To me, this would be the best "double whammy" show since the Extreme/King's X tour back in 2009, I believe!

But on to the recent listening: Chickenfoot III twice...I think its really, really good. Another Bruce Dickinson I picked up recently at the used CD store, "Tattooed Millionaire". Not as good as "My Chemical Wedding", but still an enjoyable listen. Also listed to BSC "Between The Devil And The Deep Blue Sea", and driving home today from work it will be BCC 1.

RJHog, if you are interested, Warrant is at Wild Bills in Duluth, GA. next Friday night the 14th. I recently saw Skid Row there, but I actually went because two great new Atlanta original music bands were playing...Dangerous New Machine and Bigfoot. I left half way through the Skid Row set to go catch Atlanta's own Ledfoot Messiah at another bar 2 miles away! (Being single has its advantages sometimes!)

Are you going to see Warrant?

I think I have been to Wild Bills.  Does it have a couple of floors, a pretty big stage and a very large dance floor?  Probably not a good description, but it has been awhile.

Yes, I plan on going. Really like their new album with the new vocalist (thanks to NMC!).

You told me once before you have been, and it is huge! Huge dance floor, and another level or two that rise off the dance floor, and the stage is as big as any arena stage you'll ever see! They usually have major country touring acts, but have started having more rock shows lately. Can easily fit several thousand people.

Let me know if you come up, I'll meet you there and buy you a beer! (or whatever you drink!)

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

Birthdays Tomorrow

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos