Classic Rock Bottom

There's a few CDs I have that I haven't or hadn't gotten around to listening to yet. Whether they are too "old" or I end up not really having much to say about them, I'm not doing a full on review.

Instead, I'm just putting in a sentence or two about what I thought of them. I'll probably keep updating this thread as I get around to various albums that have been sitting waiting for me to play them.

Joe Bonamassa - Blues of Desperation - While there were a couple of tracks I wasn't all that enamored with, overall this album was another winning blues solo album from Bonamassa.

Boneyard Dog - Bluesbound Train - Another bluesy rock and roll record, this debut album was pretty much kicking my ass each time I listened to it.

U2 - The Joshua Tree 30th Anniversary Deluxe Edition - Sadly, while I absolutely love the album itself (it is one of my all-time favorites), the anniversary edition isn't much to write home about. Disc 1 is the original album while Disc 2 is a live concert from the Joshua Tree tour. It's not bad, but there's nothing special about it really.

Inglorious - S/T - I was really kind of hyped up about this album but I think the fact I've already sold it off on eBay might give you a hint about my final reaction to the album. Okay, that might be slightly unfair but after listening to the album four times and I couldn't really pick a single memorable song out of it, there's obviously something of a disconnect.

Views: 605

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have this on CD but I have never listened to it.  Sounds like I may not be missing much.

Kiss - Dynasty (1979) - I know others will say that they love this album but I had a bit of a hard time getting into it. Besides "I Was Made For Lovin' You", I didn't recognize any of these songs when I first played the album. No, I never owned it until a couple weeks ago.

I didn't find any of the other songs to be so remarkable as to stand out on their own. But after a few plays of the disc, what I did note is that the full album seems to grow on you. The songs might not be all that memorable as individual cuts but when listening to the full album, they do seem to make the full-on experience a ride worth taking.

It is a bit weird that Dynasty makes me think this way but hey, at least I did end up liking it, right?

I like the new Inglorious album from earlier this year.  But I’ve never heard any of their other work.

I thought I would've liked it but they just didn't stand out enough for me to keep buying the music.

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos