Classic Rock Bottom

1993. What was I doing? I seriously have no idea. So when someone floated the idea of posting albums from '93 (20th anniversary and all that) I had to really think about what came out in '93.

Looking thru a list of albums that came out that year, it seemed pretty weak for stuff I would have been interested in. There's a few, but a majority I could have cared less about. And to come up with 6 albums from that year? Yeah, ok. 

Tough though it was, I managed to find some hidden gems. You back baby into a corner and he comes out ready to strike! (Never seen that movie, don't care to, but was it released in '93? That would be cool if it was.)

I could have sworn I posted this album or maybe someone else did. I didn't bother to really look, so if it's been posted before, fine. At least it's from '93 and it's a really, really good album, probably my favorite from Enuff Z'nuff. 

Really sad story though. After the stellar  "Strength" they were dropped by their record company and, luckily, picked up by another. Of course nothing really came of the new label since this album basically fell by the wayside. Again. Stupid record companies.    

Well, it was '93 and the music climate had changed. Guess it's to be expected, but it isn't right. Listen to this album and then BUY THE DAMN THING!

Animals With Human Intelligence

1. Superstitious
2. Black Rain
3. Right By Your Side
4. These Daze
5. Master Of Pain
6. Innocence
7. One Step Closer To You
8. Bring It On Home
9. Takin' A Ride
10. The Love Train
11. Mary Anne Lost Her Baby
12. Rock n World

Availability: Really cheap so there's no reason why you shouldn't buy this immediately.

Views: 141

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Heard of 'em, seen 'em on the Mtv once upon a time, but never took them serious at all, and never knew anyone that owned anything from them...  until now!

This must be one of those albums that was going to restore Hair Metal to its proper place, but yet turned out to be yet another failed attempt.  IN 93 that would have been right up my alley as I was in the midst of a Grunge rebellion.  But alas, most of these attempts never got heard of or air time.

In all honesty, its not too bad, but nothing about it stands out, expect some nasally vocals.  Oh ya, and its about 2 songs too long, as expected!  But all in all it was fine listening experience!!

Great work Jon!

Hair metal? That's kinda mean!

Glam Rick?

Hair Pop?

I have heard this band's name many times, but never heard any music. I think I developed a "negative mental picture" of them, based on the band name. I heard it, and for some reason, figured it was popish and full of fluff.

But, this is much better than expected. Some real nice lead guitar shreddage here.Great use of the whammy bar! It's harder rockin' than I thought it would be. Several tunes have really great vocal melodies over the music.

Going to listen to this again, for sure. I might consider buying this if I stumble across it somewhere. Definitely has an 80's vibe, even though it was released when grunge was king.

Try this one too: Enuff Z'Nuff "Strength"

Like Gordon and Scott said, I had heard of them but had never thought twice about them.  That's turned out to be a little harsh.  While nothing earth shattering, they are okay.  It's not hard to listen to at all.  

The vocalist reminds me a bit of the vocalist for Buckcherry.  I don't know if that's good or bad, but that's what I think.

Best song was Mary Anne Lost Her Baby.

Good pick Jon.

Yet you like the previous album I posted from them...

Didn't I pretty much say this was okay.  I definitely didn't say I didn't like it.  Are you depressed today?

Crappy day.

That was my yesterday.

Hey, that sounds like a great song title.  I wonder if we could all write lyrics to it and get Gordon to lay down some geetar and bass for it?

Crappy day, crappy day

Not a happy day

Crappy, crappy, crappy HEY!

Crappy, crappy, crappy HEY!

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)