Classic Rock Bottom

Okay, so what movies from the year 2011 have you seen? Want to see?

Well, so far that I can remember I've seen:

Get Low starring Robert Duvall about a hermit in the 1930's who goes about having a funeral party BEFORE his death. I'm not quite sure what I was expecting but despite my fandom for Duvall, I was disappointed in this movie.

Last night I went to theater and saw the movie Hanna. Saoirse Ronan was good in the title role but otherwise this movie was a let down as well. Cate Blanchett's southern accent was distracting, the quick cut camera editing was annoying and when the reason why everyone wanted Hanna was revealed, all I could think was that they kind of ripped off the comic book back story of Captain America a bit.

Other movies I'm looking forward to seeing are: Green Lantern, Thor, Conan The Barbarian, Fast Five and Beautiful Boy. The last one is about parents who hear about a shooting on a campus where there son goes to school, only to find out it was their son who did the shootings. I saw the trailer on On Demand and it looked intense.

Views: 1061

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Never saw Gravity. Did you see the uncut version of The Wolverine?

I didn't know, there was an uncut version. I just saw it in a cinema, half a year ago. Is the uncut version much better, then?

Never saw the theatrical version, but the unrated has 12 more minutes. The only way you can get it here is with the blu ray 3D set.

I liked Gravity.  World War Z was okay, but for me it just had too much happening in a short time span.  I would have liked it to have been a 2 part movie or something along those lines.  

There's supposedly going to be at least one sequel.

And at least one prequel :-)

I haven't seen any of these.  But I'd like to see Elysium and Escape Plan.  I did see Olympus Has Fallen and while not a great movie, I was entertained.  So I'll wait until White House Down comes to HBO or I might even rent it.  I wonder if it's on Amazon Prime...probably not.

Not yet on Prime. I watched Olympus and WHD on new years day, liked Olympus better, probbaly because it was more bloody. Both are good for what they are, mindless entertainment. Elysium is good, just hovering outside my top 5 for action movies.

Elysium is not very good imo.

I didn't have much in the way of good reviews going into the movie. I'd only heard bad stuff. But I ended up really liking it.

Has anyone seen Lone Survivor?

Nope, but we watched The Lone Ranger this weekend and it really isn't as bad as some people say it is.

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos