Classic Rock Bottom

NEW MUSIC CORNER # 126 GHOST B.C./SUICIDAL TENDENCIES

Here are two of my 2013 purchases that I just picked up for the heck of it.  There might be some foul language, so use your ear phones.  Also, I'm not a devil worshiper.  I just thought I'd mention that because one might think that once they hear some of this release by Ghost B.C.  And if nothing else, you should at least enjoy some of the guitar work on the Suicidal Tendencies album.  

Ghost B.C.

Infestissumam

1. Per Aspera Ad Inferi

2. Jingolo Har Megiddo

3. Ghuleh/Zombie Queen

4. Year Zero

5. Body And Blood

I'm adding a current video from the album as well.  This is for the track Monstrance Clock that closes the album:

Suicidal Tendencies

6. Shake It Out

7. Smash It!

8. This Ain't A Celebration

9. God Only Knows...Who I Am

10. Make Your Stand

And a video from the album as well, Cyco Style:

Views: 73

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ghost--Thumbs Up

I've been wanting to pick up their first album for awhile, still haven't. Lot of hype surrounding this band, and rightfully so. Forget the evilness, these are really catchy tunes. It reminds me a lot of BOC, especially the vocals. It's really not overly heavy either which might appeal to some folks here. Funny thing, nobody knows who these guys actually are (well, I'm sure a FEW people might know), hopefully it doesn't turn out to be Kiss. The overall album reminds me of Demon from the 80's in that you were expecting something really evil (especially with Demon's first album cover) but the music itself was completely different than what you expected. Really, really like this. Dig the geetars in "Zombie Queen", they're sound like they're from a soundtrack of a western. Now if I can find a stray goat somewhere.....

Suicidal Tendencies--Thumbs in the middle

Nice comeback, but it's not like anything has really changed. Sounds the same as they did back in the 80's. Nice geetaring, but I've always felt they were for a young demographic like the skateboard kiddies. Not bad, but not something I wanna listen to a lot. Anthems for the disaffected youth! Track #9 is a really good song, kinda reminds me of Jane's Addiction.

GHOST B.C. - 4 out of 6.

I didn't expect this kind of singing-voice. The guitars sound a bit like Mercyfull Fate on the first pretty weird track, and I guess they have the same belief as MF. He sings much better than King Diamond though, but that really doesn't say anything at all. Second track sounds better. It's not the kind of music you think off, when you see the cover and the name of the band! I was thinking english bands from the late 60's or the beginning of the 70's, when I was listening to the second track. I like that track! Why on earth do they appear as devil-worshippers, when they make this kind of music? Don't they realize, they will "scare" some potential listeners/buyers away? Third track starts boring but gets better. I agree with Jon, that they sound a bit like BÖC, maybe also Manfred Man (just a bit). Are they serious about this worshipping or are they taken the piss? Nice simple guitar-solo on the fourth track. Good songs, also the last one, but it's stupid lyrics. Not a purchase, but a rather interesting listening. I like the MUSIC, but not the rest of the package.
Good one, RJhog.

SUICIDAL TENDENCIES - 0.5 out of 6

Oh, the first track sound like 100% crap! This time, you get, what you can see on the album-cover! Second track is worse than the first one! Holy shit, this is CRAP! Is this a contender for worst album of the year? Third track....is not good at all! I think they like Ramones a lot. I can also hear Jane's Addiction in the 4th track, and it's easily the best track so far, but I don't really like JA, so there! But the 0.5 is for this track. Fifth track is crap, and no, I do not like the guitars on this album.
Bad one, RJhog.

The only album I've ever liked from ST is "Lights...Camera...Revolution" which is unbelievable.

SUICIDAL TENDENCIES ... Two thumbs turning and walking awa

Probably most predictably, I really don't get into this style, its not me and its not appealing to me in any way. 

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos