Classic Rock Bottom

by Scott "I only got one this week"...

But what a good ONE it is!!!  Check out Jake E Lee's new release below.  I am stealing Jon's methodology of picking tracks by giving all the odd numbered tracks from the album... Why not the even numbered tracks?  Their titles were longer and harder top type out ...  Click the album cover and enjoy!!

1. Deceived
  2. Feeder
  3. Wasted
  4. Big Mouth
  5. Redeem Me

Views: 81

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've heard 5 2014-releases ar this moment, and none of them is really bad, but then again, none of them are particulary good. This one is probably the least good of the 5, but I think, it's because the style is not really of any interest to me, at this point. I've always really liked Jake E. Lee though, and he would definitely be in my top 10 of guitarists of all time. It was extremely stupid of Ozzy/Sharon to get rid of him, because he is clearly the second-best guitarist, that has been in Ozzy's band. You can hear SOME of his greatness on this album, but I feel like, he could had done better. Is he lazy, or what? Since he hasn't done much for 20 years, that might be the case. As I've "said" before, I think it's a mistake, to get other singers than the "Real" singer, because he ain't bad at all, and it annoys me, suddently to hear Zander and Di'anno, even though I slightly enjoy to hear Di'anno again. He IS the best Iron Maiden-singer, even though none of you agrees. At this moment, I don't think, that I will listen to this album more than this one time. I need something more interesting than this. As I've also "said", it reminds me of the first Slash-soloalbum of SixxAM, and that's not what I'm looking for anymore.

I also would have preferred that they go with one singer for the album, but I really liked what Zander brought to his music.  Thought he was the better fit for the album than the regular guy...

Hmmm, yeah, didn't thought about that, but I think you're right. That would had been the best plan.

I have this CD but haven't listened to it yet. When I do, there will be a review.

Well, the first song sounded like something from OO. Singer really ain't that great.

The second song is really good.

Third song was, well, interesting. Vocals weren't really that great here.

Fourth song was interesting, but in a good way. I'm a Maria Brink fan and this sounds like something that could come off an In This Moment album. 

Last song was really good as well. Sounds like something that would come off a Sass Jordan album which makes me wonder if some of this was set up to sound like it comes from the guest artist? Not so much with Feeder, that really doesn't sound like a Cheap Trick song and I would have no clue about Di'Anno since I don't know what type of music he puts out. Maybe just playing to the guest artists strengths? 

The geetar was great throughout but I'm in the middle on this. Is this something I would play repeatedly? I don't think so. 

Therefore, I'm giving middle thumbs since it didn't blow my socks off. 

Deceived is okay.  It partly sounds like Ozzy.  

Feeder is better.  That's the one with Zander on it.  He sounds great, this is a good track.

Wasted is a waste of digital space.  This is terrible.  It might work if you were torturing somebody with really loud music.

Agree with Jon on Big Mouth.  Sounds at home on an In This Moment album.  She is such a waste if you ask me.  She can sing very well but chooses to scream way too often.  This is more annoying than anything else.

Redeem Me is decent.  Is that Sass Jordan.  I dig her, but this song is just okay.

Overall, definitely not a purchase for me.  I thought it would be when it was first announced, but I'm glad I waited.

I'm such a huge fan of Jake E. Lee, I will probably get this for just the guitar, if nothing else. But of the tracks posted here, only the Sass Jordan vocal performance is top notch for me. All of the other 4 songs, vocal wise, are average at best. But it is still Jake E. Lee, so I'm still strongly considering this as a purchase.

On another note, anyone ever thought about how tough a job Jake had, when he became the replacement for Randy Rhoads (R.I.P.) ?? To constantly be compared to Randy? Man, that's tough. If he tried to play like Randy, he got bashed for being a copy cat. If he did n't try to measure up, he got blasted for NOT measuring up.

To me, "Bark At The Moon" was very average. But "The Ultimate Sin" is full of incredible guitar playing. It was after hearing "Sin" that I became a huge Jake E. Lee fan. His playing on that album DOES measure up to the level of Rhoads.

Yup, it was a no-win situation...  Did you see his appearance on That Metal Show?

I did. He was being far nicer about being screwed by Ozzy and Sharon than I would've been.

I did not see it. I did hear that when Red Dragon Cartel played their first show, that the singer had a really bad night. Was really nervous apparently.

By all HONEST accounts, he was freaking awful!

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos