Classic Rock Bottom

What CD's or DVD's have you recently purchased?  And it doesn't have to be classic rock.  Let us know about any purchases that you think are worth sharing.

Views: 6297

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Picked up Survivor's Caught In The Game and When Seconds Count on CD to replace at long last my cassette versions.

Another trip to the used CD store netted me some NEW 1 dollar CD's:

Blue Murder - Blue Murder (1.00)

Gene Simmons - Asshole (1.00)

Styx - Cyclorama (1.00) Future Giveaway

Glenn Tipton - Baptism Of Fire (1.00) Future Giveaway

Great White - Once Bitten, Twice Live (1.00) Future Giveaway

Tipton, Entwistle & Powell - Edge Of The World (1.00) Bought 2 of these, one for me, one for future giveaway...

Dokken - Erase The Slate (1.00)

The Smithereens - Green Thoughts

Steve Miller Band - Fly Like An Eagle

The Mob - The Mob

Richie Sambora - Undiscovered Soul

Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze Of Glory/Young Guns II

Whitesnake - Lovehunter

King's X - King's X

The Glenn Tipton CD I found to be terrible.

I liked the Tipton, Entwistle & Powell album though.

The Mob CD was good, Loved Whitesnake's Lovehunter CD and I was very disappointed in Dokken's Erase The Slate.

How's the selection at this used CD shop? Could I send you a list of stuff I'm looking for? Can I, huh? 
I have nothing to compare it to, but it's a selection.  Does that help?  You're probably kidding, but of course you can send me a list.
I'm actually being serious, just stuff I am kinda looking for but trying to find it cheap. GIve me a couple days if that's ok? It's nothing I'm dying to have, just stuff I've pushed off because I'm not worried that I don't have it on CD.
Will do...just let me know.  They have some decent vinyl as well.

Hello to all from a "newbie" member.

My recent CD's include:

ABIII by Alter Bridge, Live In Amersterdam by Alter Bridge, Scream by Ozzy (I like it), Order Of The Black by Black Label Society (killer, in my opinion...up there with Blessed Hellride as Zakks best work), debut from "supergroup" Black Country Communion, solo release from Slash (new for me...this is really, really good...cant stop listening to it right now!!), and I also bought some old stuff at a used CD store...real cheap prices, so I took a chance on...Vicious Cycle by Lynyrd Skynyrd (decent...not great, not bad)...Sons of Society by Riot (this is like a lot of what I would call "Euro Metal" - no disrespect meant at all - but its not like the really good Riot of the 80's - top notch musicianship, but the songs are just average, and a little repetitive for me), and then finally, a "gem in the rough"...got it for only $3.99 and I love it...Menace To Sobreity by Ugly Kid Joe...the whole CD is a great listen for me...I was really leary about this, because I really like Americas Least Wanted by UKJ, but Motel California is junk to me...anyway, took a chance since it was cheap, and I'm glad I did!

Also, the Live In Amersterdam by Alter Bridge is a CD/DVD release, and it sounds great and is an awesome show with a long, killer set list.

d

Hey Gordon.  I'm curious of what you thought about that ABIII album.  I don't know how much you've gotten to look around yet, but it scored Album Of The Year from this site last year. 

I like it...need to listen a little more. Only 3 spins so far, I think. I do think Blackbird is still better, but I'm sure ABIII will be better the more I hear it. I really dig Alter Bridge! Heavy but melodic at the same time! If you dont have their live DVD, you should get it. Sounds great, with a great set list.

I saw that they had it at BestBuy yesterday, but I held off.  It's funny, the first couple of spins didn't really grab me either, but now I think it's outstanding.  My only complaint is that at 16 songs, it's too long.  I can only think of one song though that I usually skip.

Sammy Hagar - Standing Hampton

Eddie Money - Eddie Money

Eddie Money - Life For The Taking

Eddie Money - No Control

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

Birthdays Tomorrow

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox