Classic Rock Bottom

What CD's or DVD's have you recently purchased?  And it doesn't have to be classic rock.  Let us know about any purchases that you think are worth sharing.

Views: 6297

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So you definitely will not be let down!  

The Armored Saint purchase was a very good one.

The Judas Priest album was a bit of a disappointment considering that is one of my favorite bands of all-time. I think it would be a better album if they shortened it just a bit. It seemed to go on forever and while not a "classic Priest" album, Angel of Retribution was a much more solid record than "Nostradamus."

As we have discussed before, many of us are Accept fans on this board. While U.D.O.'s solo work doesn't quite measure up to those classic albums he did with Accept, he has actually put out several very good solo records. When Accept decided to reunite for the brilliant "Blood of the Nations" album, he initially had a chance to rejoin the band, but I can understand why he declined. It is my understanding that though relatively unknown here in the United States, he has had a very successful solo career overseas and much of his solo work is in the same vein as the stuff he did with Accept. I think it worked out for both bands because Accept made an excellent choice in replacement singers. By the way if you have not heard any of the stuff Tornillo did with TT Quick, you need to pick up "Metal of Honor"

Omega Lithium--Dreams In Formaline

The Pretty Reckless--Light Me Up

The Steve Miller Band--Let Your Hair Down

I picked up U.D.O.'s Mission No. X today.

I have found a real, old fashioned music store in my area. They actually specialize in used CD's, so the prices are always good. They do have a new release section, but it is very small, and they still dont have the new Whitesnake in yet. But, I picked up 4 old classics, which I have all on vinyl, but I got on CD...all 4 for just $23.

"Van Halen" and "Fair Warning", and "Sabatoge" and "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath". Listened to all of them the night I  bought them.

Ahh, the joys of music shopping! The only kind of shopping I have EVER enjoyed!

Duff McKagan's Loaded - The Taking (2011)

Wolf - Legions Of Bastards (2011) (Digital)

Roger Daltry - Under A Raging Moon

Lana Lane--Red Planet Boulevard

Lana Lane--Secrets Of Astrology

Lana Lane--Project Shangri-La

The Tea Party--The Interzone Mantras

The Tea Party--Transmission

Soul Sirkus--World Play

Nazareth--2XS/Sound Elixir

Nazareth--Big Dogz

I picked up a CD edition of Dio's Intermission to replace the worn out cassette copy I had.

I also got Queensryche's Mindcrime at the Moore on CD.

Went through Walmart's 5 dollar bin today, this is what I got:

The Doobie Brothers - The Captain and Me

The Cars - Heartbeat City

Bob Seger - Beautiful Loser

ZZ Top - Rio Grande Mud

ZZ Top - Afterburner (my first two ever ZZ Top purchases, but I still want Deguello or however you spell it).

John Cougar Mellencamp - Scarecrow (This is a repurchase.  I lost the CD long ago, so I repurchased it via digital download, which I'm gonna trash for the CD once again).

Walmart has a five dollar bin for music? Interesting....

I don't think the Wal-Mart near me has one.

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos