Classic Rock Bottom

NMC #141 (JOAN JETT & THE BLACKHEARTS, PAMELA MOORE)

by "a little something from the ladies" Jon

Joan Jett & The Blackhearts--Unvarnished (September 2013)

1. TMI

2. Make It Back

3. Fragile

4. Bad As We Can Be

5. Everybody Needs A Hero

Pamela Moore--Resurrect Me (April 2013)

You can read all about this album HERE, thanks to TageRyche!

1. Acquiescent

2. Paranoia

3. Resurrect Me

4. Awakening

5. Desperate By Design

Views: 59

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Joan Jett

I saw this in Best Buy last night and thought about it, but decided no.  With the first song, you have absolutely no problem recognizing the artist.  It's an attempt to write a song that's relevant today.  Sort of like Heart's WTF a couple years ago and like the Van Halen song that mentions Facebook.  I appreciate the effort, but it doesn't move me at all.  The second track is a bit better, but still nothing memorable.  I like the start of track three for sure.  But the spelling out of the song title loses me.  Tracks four and five just continue the overwhelming underwhelmingness of this batch of songs.

My vote - No purchase

Pamela Moore

She scared the crap out of me with that first yell.  Is this the lady that sang on Operation Mindcrime?  Cause this sounds like it could easily be a Queensryche song.  First track is okay.  And the bass on the next track reminds me of Queensryche as well.  I like the urgency in the snare drum.  I have to say I like this song.  A broken record for sure, but each song sounds more and more like Queensryche with a female vocalist.  And while I think she's a decent vocalist, I don't think she's great.  This is a tough sell.  Queensryche fronted by a lady.  Hmmm...

My Vote - It's okay, but probably not a purchase for me.

It is the same lady.

JOAN JETT ... Two T-H-U-M-B-S not F-E-E-L-I-N-G this  

She defenitely sticks very close to her comfort zone. Second track sounded like Talk Dirty To Me.  Poison has one or two that are good, Talk Dirt To me isnt one of them.  Whats with the spelling things out in the chorus? I'm not F-E-E-L-I-N-G this, not F-E-E-L-I-N-G this, feeling feeling this.  But she still looks great!!

Poison had one or two that are good? Please explain yourself. And then apologize for even mentioning Poison in this post.

Talk Dirty To Me rocks!

Really?

Say wha?

I liked unskinny bop and that rose thorn tune wasn't terrible.

Hate Unskinny Bop.  Thorn was okay.  I Won't Forget you was their best, followed by Fallen Angel and Something To Believe In.

STOP!!!!!!

I think I may just have an album for this week's AOTW.  As a matter of fact, that gives me an idea.

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos