Classic Rock Bottom

This time with video's by/with/from BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION, ACCEPT, SAXON, KING'S X, FOO FIGHTERS, R.E.M. and ICON IN ME:

BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION - MAN IN THE MIDDLE

“Man In The Middle”, the new video from BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION, the Anglo-American rock supergroup featuring the talents of bassist/vocalist Glenn Hughes (DEEP PURPLE, TRAPEZE, BLACK SABBATH), blues rock guitarist/vocalist Joe Bonamassa, drummer Jason Bonham (LED ZEPPELIN), and keyboardist Derek Sherinian (DREAM THEATER), has been released. The track comes off the band’s second album, simply entitled “2″, which will be released in Europe on June 13 via Mascot Records and in the U.S. on June 14 through the J&R Adventures label.

ACCEPT - PANDEMIC

Newest video from Accept's latest album, "Blood of the Nations".

Accept - Pandemic

Accept | Myspace Music Videos

FOO FIGHTERS - WALK

New video from Foo Fighters, must be the 3rd one from the newest album, "Wasting Light".

R.E.M. - ALLIGATOR_AVIATOR_AUTOPILOT_ANTIMATTER

Weel, there aint much to write about the video's, this week. From the newest album "Collapse into now".

ICON IN ME - UN-SLAVED

Well, maybe there is: "Un-Slaved", the new video from ICON IN ME — the Russian/Swedish/Danish modern metal band featuring HOSTILE BREED guitarist Dmitry Frans, Danish drummer Morten Løwe Sørensen (SUBMISSION, THE ARCANE ORDER, SCARVE, INSTANT CARNAGE, STRANGLER, SCARVE, SOILWORK) and Swedish vocalist Tony Jelencovich (M.A.N, ex-MNEMIC, TRANSPORT LEAGUE)"Un-Slaved" comes off ICON IN ME's sophomore album, "Head Break Solution", which will be released on July 12 via the Chicago, Illinois-based label Goomba Music. The CD was recorded at CBS Studio (Denmark), A-Lab (Moscow), and Grand Recordings (Sweden) and was mixed by Ben Schigel (CHIMAIRA, DROWNING POOL, WALLS OF JERICHO) at Spiders Studio. The mastering duties were carried out by Maor Appelbaum (HALFORD, FIGHT, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, CYNIC, THERION).

KING'S X - OVER MY HEAD

I was a fan from the beginning, and the two first albums are classic, but after the 3rd one, I got bored, and I have'nt really listened to a lot of King's X for many years. This one is still a classic, though.

Over My Head

King's X | Myspace Music Videos

SAXON - HUNGRY YEARS

This is Saxon at the top of their game. From their best album "Strong arm of the law" (1980). After this album, it sadly went downhill, and they never got a breakthrough in America like Iron Maiden and Def Leppard. But in 1980, they were at the top in NWOBHM.

Views: 80

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Accept - 1.5 points I love the song. While I acknowledge the creativity put into the video itself, I wasn't all that crazy about it.

Accept--2 points

Don't remember seeing this before? Great song, video is totally rad man! Sure it's basically a performance video, but something which hasn't been done before (Ah-ha doesn't count).

Then Foo Fighters--1 point

And the one point is for the video. The song isn't my cup o' tea. What is 606 2631 FOO? Anyone call that #? Also thought the needle guy was going to get hit by a car but, alas, it did not happen. Oh well.

R.E.M.--1.5 points

What Scott said, I'm totally in agreement. I don't like 95% of their stuff, but do like this song. Their videos are always fun to watch, unless they get overplayed (thanks MTV!). Enjoyed this one. But...won't buy the album.  

Black Country Communion (2 Points)

Very cool.  I really like this song, and for some reason I like the video.  Don't really know why.  Glen Hughes has a great rock voice and I really want to go back and check out his career.

Accept (2 Points)

The song is good.  I don't necessarily usually like animated videos but this one is kinda cool.

Foo Fighters (2 Points)

Top notch work from the Foo Fighters.  I almost agree with Scott's gospel, except this is in the Top 1 for me.  I like some other albums from this year, but nothing is really close to this.  I have read somewhere that they are making videos for every song on the album.  Has that been done before?

R.E.M. (1 Point)

The song is pretty good.  Especially Peter Buck's guitar work.  The video does nothing for me.

Icon In Me (-2 Points)

Video sucketh...song sucketh even more.

King's X (2 Points)

I think this song is awesome.  Especially Pinnick's vocals.  I even played this one on my first attempt at a "radio" show.  I also dig the video.  I like the grainy black and white film.

Saxon (0 Points)

This just does nothing for me on any level.  I don't think it's terrible, but I just don't particularly like it. 

Black Country Communion (2 Points)

Very cool.  I really like this song, and for some reason I like the video.  Don't really know why.  Glen Hughes has a great rock voice and I really want to go back and check out his career.

Accept (2 Points)

The song is good.  I don't necessarily usually like animated videos but this one is kinda cool.

Foo Fighters (2 Points)

Top notch work from the Foo Fighters.  I almost agree with Scott's gospel, except this is in the Top 1 for me.  I like some other albums from this year, but nothing is really close to this.  I have read somewhere that they are making videos for every song on the album.  Has that been done before?

R.E.M. (1 Point)

The song is pretty good.  Especially Peter Buck's guitar work.  The video does nothing for me.

Icon In Me (-2 Points)

Video sucketh...song sucketh even more.

King's X (2 Points)

I think this song is awesome.  Especially Pinnick's vocals.  I even played this one on my first attempt at a "radio" show.  I also dig the video.  I like the grainy black and white film.

Saxon (0 Points)

This just does nothing for me on any level.  I don't think it's terrible, but I just don't particularly like it. 

Will be posting some Glenn Hughes' solo stuff soon!!!

His solo CD Soul Mover is fantastic.

I liked the two CDs he did with Joe Lynn Turner and the two albums he did with Tony Iommi.

I've always wondered about those Hughes-Turner albums (I think that's the ones you are referring to).  I've always thought JLT had a great voice.
Cool!

Icon In Me--1 point

Not for the singing even though I like CM vocals, but for the band. These guys are really tight. And I really dig that drum kit. Totally awesome looking. 

King's X--2 points

It's King's X. "Nuff said.

Saxon--1 point

Still love their clothing choices. Totally awesome. Maybe that's why they weren't huge in the U.S.?

Oh, I forgot. Dress like Dee Snider, and you've got a number one in US.

This is NOT one of the best Saxon-tracks. It's not one of the worst either, but I had'nt seen that video before.

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos