Classic Rock Bottom

This time with video's by/with/from BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION, ACCEPT, SAXON, KING'S X, FOO FIGHTERS, R.E.M. and ICON IN ME:

BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION - MAN IN THE MIDDLE

“Man In The Middle”, the new video from BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION, the Anglo-American rock supergroup featuring the talents of bassist/vocalist Glenn Hughes (DEEP PURPLE, TRAPEZE, BLACK SABBATH), blues rock guitarist/vocalist Joe Bonamassa, drummer Jason Bonham (LED ZEPPELIN), and keyboardist Derek Sherinian (DREAM THEATER), has been released. The track comes off the band’s second album, simply entitled “2″, which will be released in Europe on June 13 via Mascot Records and in the U.S. on June 14 through the J&R Adventures label.

ACCEPT - PANDEMIC

Newest video from Accept's latest album, "Blood of the Nations".

Accept - Pandemic

Accept | Myspace Music Videos

FOO FIGHTERS - WALK

New video from Foo Fighters, must be the 3rd one from the newest album, "Wasting Light".

R.E.M. - ALLIGATOR_AVIATOR_AUTOPILOT_ANTIMATTER

Weel, there aint much to write about the video's, this week. From the newest album "Collapse into now".

ICON IN ME - UN-SLAVED

Well, maybe there is: "Un-Slaved", the new video from ICON IN ME — the Russian/Swedish/Danish modern metal band featuring HOSTILE BREED guitarist Dmitry Frans, Danish drummer Morten Løwe Sørensen (SUBMISSION, THE ARCANE ORDER, SCARVE, INSTANT CARNAGE, STRANGLER, SCARVE, SOILWORK) and Swedish vocalist Tony Jelencovich (M.A.N, ex-MNEMIC, TRANSPORT LEAGUE)"Un-Slaved" comes off ICON IN ME's sophomore album, "Head Break Solution", which will be released on July 12 via the Chicago, Illinois-based label Goomba Music. The CD was recorded at CBS Studio (Denmark), A-Lab (Moscow), and Grand Recordings (Sweden) and was mixed by Ben Schigel (CHIMAIRA, DROWNING POOL, WALLS OF JERICHO) at Spiders Studio. The mastering duties were carried out by Maor Appelbaum (HALFORD, FIGHT, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, CYNIC, THERION).

KING'S X - OVER MY HEAD

I was a fan from the beginning, and the two first albums are classic, but after the 3rd one, I got bored, and I have'nt really listened to a lot of King's X for many years. This one is still a classic, though.

Over My Head

King's X | Myspace Music Videos

SAXON - HUNGRY YEARS

This is Saxon at the top of their game. From their best album "Strong arm of the law" (1980). After this album, it sadly went downhill, and they never got a breakthrough in America like Iron Maiden and Def Leppard. But in 1980, they were at the top in NWOBHM.

Views: 80

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Crap, I really need to catch up. This weekend I'll be staring at the last half of last week's and this week's. In the immortal words of Jessie Spano.."Time? Time? There's never enough time!"

BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION ... 1.5 points

I like this one, but I had to listen a couple times to hear it properly.  Lots of Purple and Zeppelin influences here as one would suspect, but I liked the way that influence kind of sits in the middle of this track.  The video was just ok, would have preferred to see more of the band just jamming.  Hughes definitely looks better behind a bass geetar!

ACCEPT ... 2 points

Seen this one already as well, I think it got posted in a thread earlier.  Cool song and really slick video.

FOO FIGHTERS ... 2+ points

Great song from one of 2011's best!  Yep, easily top 2 so far and that’s the gospel according to Scott!  Now let this be a lesson for our favorite producer as well, this is how you utilize an abandoned warehouse, you tell the story of how and why it’s needed!

R.E.M. ... 1.5 points

Strange video, but that’s not unexpected from this band.  The tune is a lot better than they’re recent output, well for all they’re 2000's output for that matter. I liked it!  Weird, but I thought it was pretty good.

ICON IN ME ... 0 points

Russian/Swedish/Danish modern metal band?  Uh Oh!  This is really just more of the same Russian/Swedish/Danish modern metal.  I don’t like the style so instead of being silly or rude, let’s just give them credit for making it to Niel’s showcase and move on.

KINGS X ... 1 point

This is a band I know very little about; they look familiar but don’t sound familiar.  Really like the music, the singing and chorus are suspect to me though and not that they were bad, but it wasn’t interesting.

SAXON ... .5 point

Take two on 80's bands I know very little about.  Could their issue be the singer?  He ok, but not much to get excited about, meaning his stage presence and vocal range don’t work though the rhythm, of the song is ok.  The Geetar solos were huge disappointment as I was expecting far better and more creative effort.  But hey! I’ve just quadrupled my Saxon knowledge!

...in a thread earlier???? Not by me, the VOTW Man. Who did it, then??? 

By the way: 8.5 !! We've got a new record, Scott.  

Black Country Communion--2 points

Really digging this. Didn't really like what I heard from the first album, but this I do. As Scott mentioned, you can hear Zep and Purple plus I think a smattering of Dream Theater. Really, really good stuff!l

Anybody's gonna put the BCC-album in NMC??
whose turn is it?
I THINK it's RJhog, then Jon, you and then me.

So RJ goes this weekend, which mean he wont be able to post (unless he knows an insider), then its up to Jon.  If it gets past him I will post for sure...  Unless your willing to pay a fee for the rights to use it in NMC ... 

It will get past me...
I already have it...i picked it up from my source yesterday...just kidding.  I'll be back from vacation late tomorrow and will have my NMC, AOTW and possibly a CRB Radio show ready for the weekend.
Wait, the BCC2 album is out already?

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos