Classic Rock Bottom

ALBUM OF THE WEEK # 191 TALKING HEADS - SPEAKING IN TONGUES (1983)

ALMOST.

That's right. I ALMOST copied Rjhog's setup for AOTW and then figured it might very well be trademarked. Fear of getting sued stopped me dead in my tracks. A simple copy and paste just would not do.

Where's Rjhog? Well, he claims his computer is "in the shop". He gave me a sob story about how he wouldn't be able to post something this week in that whiny tone we're all used to by now. Manly man that I am, this just wouldn't do. 

I took the initiative and kindly offered to post this week's AOTW since we want to keep our jaunt thru the 80's rolling along, as long as I had the album he had picked. Luckily for everyone, I did. 

This week's pick is from 1983, "Speaking In Tongues" from Talking Heads. Listening to it right now,  I believe this would be a great party album. Slap this sucker in or on something, press play and barbecue stuff.

Two things I remember from this album: First, cruising in Sacramento during the summer and waiting for "Burning Down The House" to come on the radio. Singing to that song as well. SO damn catchy. Second, "Risky Business" because one of the songs on this album was featured in the movie (I'll let you figure out which one). The movie title is even mentioned in the song, so that'll make it easy!

Solid album from top to bottom. I believe Rjhog picked wisely. Do you?

1. Burning Down The House
2. Making Flippy Floppy
3. Girlfriend Is Better
4. Slippery People
5. I Get Wild/Wild Gravity
6. Swamp
7. Moon Rocks
8. Pull Up The Roots
9. This Must Be The Place (Naïve Melody)

Views: 104

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

About a year ago they changed their home phone number.  The number they had had for 30 plus years.  I just about stroked out.  They were mad at the phone company for some reason and changed to Comcast, but didn't know they could keep their old number.  

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos