Producer: John Carter

Band Members: Bob Welch/Various

Singles: Sentimental Lady/Ebony Eyes/Hot Love, Cold World

Best Single/Best Hidden Gem: Ebony Eyes/Carolene

Best Of The Rest: Sentimental Lady/Hot Love, Cold World/Outskirts/Dancin' Eyes

RIAA Certification: Platinum

Album Cover: 9/10

from Wikipedia

French Kiss is the solo debut by former Fleetwood Mac singer/guitarist Bob Welch. The songs, with the exception of "Sentimental Lady", were intended for a projected third album by Welch's previous band, Paris. However, the group fell apart in 1977 before recording could begin. So instead, Welch used these songs for his debut solo album.

For the most part, French Kiss presents a mix of hard rock guitar, disco-ish rhythms and sweeping strings. The big hits were "Ebony Eyes", which peaked at #14 in the US, and a revised version of "Sentimental Lady", which peaked at #8, a song that Welch had originally recorded with Fleetwood Mac in 1972, for the album Bare Trees.

The thing I remember about this album is that my cousin owned the vinyl.  I do remember listening to it, but the only song I really, really liked at the time was Ebony Eyes.  While that is still a fantastic song today,  I realize that there are a few other good tunes here.  And I personally like the version of Sentimental Lady here better than the one we heard last week from Bare Trees.

As Jon says, we're still touring, but I'm really pissed about that M&M/Reese's Pieces fiasco.  Next thing you know I'll have to give up the Pabst Blue Ribbon to keep him happy. 

Next week:  More Mac related music for Gordon.

1. Sentimental Lady

2. Easy To Fall

3. Hot Love, Cold World

4. Mystery Train

5. Lose My Heart

6. Outskirts

7. Ebony Eyes

8. Lose Your...

9. Carolene

10. Dancin' Eyes

11. Danchiva

12. Lose Your Heart

Views: 128

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So ok, I must be getting old...like cheese, or maybe wine...because I'm getting mellow as I age (I might even have moldy spots somewhere)...but this is not bad or nuthin'...I would have hated it in my younger years. But this is the kind of music you listen to while waiting in the office to see your dentist.

But, I listened twice, and its ok, but not for me. The best thing about this album is the leg and thigh of the woman on the cover!

And I do believe that's a doobie Bob Welch is raising to his lips?

And RJ, gosh, dont continue this Fleetwood Mac month for me, or nuthin'...

Yeah, I can understand you not wanting anymore Fleetwood Mac. I think you're right and it should END.

This isnt too bad!  Not purchase material but a good listen, much better than I expected iot to be.  I remember the two hits especially Sentimental Lady, but also Ebony Eyes.  The latter of which got played tons in our Junior Dances..  I remember standing up against the wall watching everyone dance to it...  hahahaha, why?  I cant dance, and I never cared to learn how.

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos