Classic Rock Bottom

So we continue with our salute to women in music, and why not have an album from The Go-Go's?

Maybe not as well known as their debut, which is a fantastic album in my book, "God Bless The Go-Go's" is their 2001 release, their first one in 17 years (and probably their last). Still sounds like The Go-Go's, but older and a little bit heavier in some places. 

I guess this might not truly be a "lost" or "forgotten" album, probably should title this "Hey, you probably hate 'em because you're a rocker, but you might find something here you enjoy" or something like that.  

Yes, there are many more women in music we can feature (and will), but I've always liked The Go-Go's and am not ashamed to admit that I picked up their debut when it came out waaaaay back in 1981. A catchy song is a catchy song, I like catchy songs and I think this album is full of 'em. 

So forget about that sickness you might be feeling having to force yourself to listen to this, but give it a chance. That's not much to ask, is it?

God Bless The Go-Go's

1. La Land

2. Unforgiven

3. Apology

4. Stuck In My Car

5. Vision Of Nowness

6. Here You Are

7. Automatic Rainy Day

8. Kissing Asphalt

9. Insincere

10. Sonic Superslide

11. Throw Me A Curve

12. Talking Myself Down

13. Daisy Chain

MSoTW: Scott again guessed the band, but nobody guessed the song title which is odd since it's mentioned at the beginning. This week is even harder, just a little taste of a band singing about....Vikings maybe?

Views: 217

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The album-cover looks better than "Point Of Know Return" and "Somewhere In Time"

I have no idea, who MSoTW is, even though it's Viking-"metal". Those kind of female-fronted bands all sounds the same.

The GoGo's are not bad. Probably OR without a doubt the best all-female band. Belinda Carlisle is still hot. This sounds okay. "Unforgiven" is probably the best track. I should had bought this back in 2001, but I had no idea it existed. Now I'm gonna save my money.

So, like...which one in Belinda Carlisle?

This is another listen for me that is not bad at all...but just isn't my cup of tea. Some decent tunes and playing and singing...but I prefer music that is good enough to give me a natural boost of energy...which music I really like does...without even thinking about it.

But this, while pretty decent, just doesn't move me or energize me. But, I can see where anyone could like it.

I'm speechless....

Here's the hint for MSoTW:

Think Theatre Of Tragedy.

That should be enough. Do the research!

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox