Classic Rock Bottom

This week we're going to take a week off from the 80's and toss out some viewer requests. Nice guy that I am, I listened to the people and this is what the people want. As The Kinks said, "Give the people what they want" and that's what I'm going to do!

Our first request is for UFO's 1998 release, "Walk On Water", featuring Michael Schenker back on geetar. Simply put, if you like Shcenker-era UFO, you'll like this. The beauty of this album is that I don't have to tell you who's in the band: look at ther album cover!

Great stuff here, folks. For some stupid reason this album is OOP, but you can still find yourself a copy if you look around the internet. 

Walk On Water 

1. Self-Made Man
2. Venus
3. Pushed To The Limit
4. Stopped By A Bullet (Of Love)
5. Darker Days
6. Running On Empty
7. Knock, Knock
8. Dreaming Of Summer
9. Doctor Doctor [New Version]
10. Lights Out [New Version]

For album #2 we have the 1997 self-titled album from Cheap Trick. Was this a request? Don't really know, but you now have no choice but to listen!

Awhile ago I posted "Woke Up With A Monster" which I consieder a very strong album and proved that Cheap Trick hadn't lost their mojo, even with the previous two (three?) crappy albums.

To me at least, this album proves that they were back on track. It starts off kicking some serious ass with the first track proving that Cheap Trick hadn't wimped out. They were here to rock.

Yes, there are pop elements, but Cheap Trick always had pop elements on their albums. However, it's not the pop crap of those two (three?) albums from the 80's/early 90's, and a majority of the album ROCKS.

This is also OOP, but look hard enough or even easy enough and you'll be able to find it for a few bucks.

Cheap Trick '97

1. Anytime
2. Hard To Tell
3. Carnival Game
4. Shelter
5. You Let A Lotta People Down
6. Baby No More
7. Yeah Yeah
8. Say Goodbye
9. Wrong All Along
10. Eight Miles Low
11. It All Comes Back To You

Views: 175

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Finally get a few minutes to catch up on the CT post...

Love the opener, cool beat and vocally very strong.  Very strong Beatles feel to track 2, the chorus is catchy!  Shelter and You Let A Lotta People Down are the fillers on this disc.  Baby No More is OK but it sounds like it would grow on you after a few listens, at least it brings the disc back into a cool groove.  The rest of the tracks are no let down, this is a strong album with Anytime and Yeah Yeah being my favorites after one listen!   This is a wish list item and will require additional listening time to see if it sticks!

Nice dual post!

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

Birthdays Tomorrow

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos