Classic Rock Bottom

What CD's or DVD's have you recently purchased?  And it doesn't have to be classic rock.  Let us know about any purchases that you think are worth sharing.

Views: 6302

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If nobody wants this weekend, I got what I was expecting last week today. No big deal, highly doubtful anyone else will have it. a

I prefer NEXT weekend (31st), so Jon can easily take the coming weekend. 

what are you waiting for? is it something you mentioned on the new release list?

Ah, yes!

The Used CD store was rockin' the cool cd's tonight.  Here's what I picked up:

Bad Company - Holy Water

The J. Geils Band - Sanctuary (used on Amazon is 9.99, I got it for 4.80, have no clue if it's any good at all)

Billy Joel - The Nylon Curtain (has a RM sticker on it, but I don't think it is)

The Donnas - Spend The Night

Hagar, Schon, Aaronson, Shrieve - Through The Fire

REO Speedwagon - This Time We Mean It/R.E.O. (RM) (this was only 7.19...11.69 is the best price on Amazon)

REO Speedwagon - R.E.O. Speedwagon/R.E.O. T.W.O. (RM) (this was only 3.99...12.86 is the best price on Amazon)

I passed up two Captain Beyond cd's (Sufficiently Breathless and Dawn Explosion).  Maybe I should have picked 'em up, because they are 3 and 4 dollars more on Amazon Marketplace.  They also had the self titled Captain Beyond but I ordered that from Amazon last week.

Also, Saxon's "Call To Arms" and "Into The Labyrinth", both cheaper than I could find on Amazon.  Anybody know if these are any good at all?

A couple of Billy Joel CD's that I don't have yet, and finally this:

And this was only 14 bucks...best price on Amazon is 19 bucks.  Damn it.

If the front spine is clear and it says 1998 on the back of the Billy Joel CD, it's the remaster. Even if it does not have the sticker on the front, as long as it has a clear spine and the 1998 on the bask, you got the RM. Plus it has the enhanced content even though it doesn't is anywhere. 

If you have the first Captain Beyond, you need the second. The third is ok, not up to the first two, but a good purchase as well.

And the Montrose---it's a good price however this are not remasters. However again, the Doobie Brothers set I picked up a month ago (same original album series) sounds very good, no hiss at all, so these might be the same.

Which Captain Beyond is the second?

Sufficiently Breathless

Cool, that one was 2 dollars and change.

Went back today and got the Montrose Original Album Series, which has:

Montrose

Paper Money

Warner Bros. Presents Montrose!

Jump On It

Open Fire

...and picked up the Captain Beyond "Sufficiently Breathless".

They had a Starcastle album (Fountains Of Light) on vinyl for 1 buck, but I didn't get it.

Overkill--Electric Age

Jack Blades--Rock 'n Roll Ride

Wishbone Ash--New England/Front Page News

City Boy--The Day The Earth Caught Fire

Cool. I guess now, that you only need to get "Heads Are Rolling" and you got what you need by City Boy. 

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos