Classic Rock Bottom

What CD's or DVD's have you recently purchased?  And it doesn't have to be classic rock.  Let us know about any purchases that you think are worth sharing.

Views: 6308

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'll work on it.

That would be loverly.

Okay, that's a few more, than I had expected

You still need "Hold Your Fire" and "Grace Under Pressure",though. Two of the very best Rush-tracks, you'll find on GUP: "Distant Early Warning" and "Red Sector A". 

Very Good Tunes Indeed!

It's not a purchase yet, but I've been enjoying the new Volbeat CD  "Above Heaven, Beyond Hell" that I borrowed from RJ. I have thoroughly enjoyed it, from beginning to end! Well, with the exception of the Cookie Monster vocals at the beginning of one of the songs. Fortunately, that's the only place it occurs! I really like this band, there's one song that reminds me of Metallica's "Whiskey In The Jar" & then theres a song that sounds like "Big Country". There's also a rockabilly number & yes, they have some harmonica on here too!  Musically, this album delivers! It's heavy, but melodic & the vocals are excellent! I love the sound of this band! I am now officially, a Volbeat fan!!!

Why is there no Volbeat group page on CRB?

Hmmmm, danish band...I'm danish....I've already made quite a few group pages....sounds like a job for me.

This should make Niels happy!

Last week I listened to Tull's "Aqualung" and, even though it was remastered, it didn't sound great. So I went  ahead and splurged on some Jethro Tull:

Aqualung (40th Anniversary Edition)

Benefit (RM)

Heavy Horses (RM)

Songs From The Wood (RM)

and a JT 4 CD box set which included:

A

Broadsword & The Beast

Under Wraps

and every Metallica fans favorite JT album, Crest Of A Knave.

All 4 remastered and I got it for about $15, but now have two remastered versions of Broadsword and a regular version of Crest.

All because Aqualung didn't sound great?

Yeah...and since you put it THAT way, that makes it really sad.

I'm happy.

Kiss - Destroyer Ressurected

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos