Classic Rock Bottom

NMC # 210 HALESTORM/NOEL GALLAGHER'S HIGH FLYING BIRDS

Heavy pop rock and power pop, that's what is in store for you this week.  I wasn't gonna buy the Halestorm album, but I did and I'm very happy about it.  No denying her vocal talent.  Gallagher is pretty cool.  Listen and go spend some money on music.

***As always, use headphones.  There may be explicit language.***

Halestorm - Into The Wild Life

1. Scream

2. I Am The Fire

3. New Modern Love

4. The Reckoning

5. I Like It Heavy

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - Chasing Yesterday

6. Riverman

7. In The Heat Of The Moment

8. Lock All The Doors

9. While The Song Remains The Same

10. You Know We Can't Go Back

Views: 102

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hmmm.. Interesting selections.  I actually thought I was gifting you the Bachman release for this week...  Halestorm was not a surprise but I don't ever remember any discussions about the Gallagher brothers on this site or of their former band, of which I cant stomach... so this is a bit of a departure...

Someone else will probably take the Bachman release, but if not, there's always next time around.  I like the Gallagher release, but I'm guessing that you won't.  

Weird... I expected Jon to do the exact opposite of what he rated these.  Now I have to reset my expectations.

But, in the meantime... the wife and I just spent a small fortune at the local nursery, I will be gardening all day! So this must wait...

Halestorm--Thumbs Down

This just sound like bad, radio-friendly music. Nothing here doesn't sound new or original. One of the songs sounds like mid 90's Pat Benatar. I don't listen to "hit" radio but this sounds like something that would fit in with Miley Cyrus or whoever is the latest, disposable fad. Yay, she can sound like Janis Joplin too. Whatever.

This coming from someone who ranked Space Elevator, a pop album, at the top of his list last year.

Yep, but it doesn't sound anything like this. it didn't scream sellout like this does. Granted, previous Halestorm albums were that good to begin with, but this is worse than those.

I have to disagree.  This is probably the best album so far this year.  I guess, as an artist, you should write songs that nobody wants to hear so that you aren't accused of being a sellout.  

Well, it's your opinion. Sorry I can't conform and like what you like.

Right back atcha.

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds--3/4 Thumb Up

Not a fan of Oasis, but this is very good. The first track is hypnotically jazzy rock, plus it has sax! Have listened to this song four times already and it keeps getting better. The rest of the songs are quite catchy with the exception of the last track which is a bit of a letdown. Track #9 here is my second favorite track from this bunch. Kinda reminds me a bit of tears For Fears is a minor way. Very nice listen.  

Yep, that first song is fantastic.

HALESTORM ... Thumbs half way up, or halfway down?  Or something like that

Ya well, ya know this is uh pretty good and stuff.  Kind of a background listening experience for me, started it got distracted, it played on pleasantly but nothing really reached out and grabbed me.  I liked it just cant see my self reaching for it.  

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos