Classic Rock Bottom

NMC # 210 HALESTORM/NOEL GALLAGHER'S HIGH FLYING BIRDS

Heavy pop rock and power pop, that's what is in store for you this week.  I wasn't gonna buy the Halestorm album, but I did and I'm very happy about it.  No denying her vocal talent.  Gallagher is pretty cool.  Listen and go spend some money on music.

***As always, use headphones.  There may be explicit language.***

Halestorm - Into The Wild Life

1. Scream

2. I Am The Fire

3. New Modern Love

4. The Reckoning

5. I Like It Heavy

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - Chasing Yesterday

6. Riverman

7. In The Heat Of The Moment

8. Lock All The Doors

9. While The Song Remains The Same

10. You Know We Can't Go Back

Views: 102

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

NOEL "Smashing Watermelons" GALLAGHER ...  Two Thumbs buried in my ears

Back in the late 90's my sons friend was learning how to play guitar, and we have several geetars here at my house as my sons pick and sometimes I try with miserable results.  Anyway, he was learning to play and his song of choice was Wonderwall - for several years he played Wonderwall and only Wonderwall - never thought I'd be so happy to see a kid go off to college!  Long story short - I'm tainted when it comes to this guy, his brother and their former band. Not just because of Wonderwall, but that and the whole nonsense that surrounds them, the next Beatles BS, the in-fighting, and their crap music that I've never figured out why anyone liked it at all.  Tainted I say!!!  Anyway, I'll give this a shot, and that opening acoustic is giving me flashbacks.  Heat of the Moment was just OK, kinda like the disco beat behind at moments, but ultimately its just OK.  Locking All The Doors, Im stuck in tainted-ville, lost in in the blandness, mixed-up in the mundane.  The last two tracks blend into all that.  Maybe I'm too tainted, maybe I can't get over it, maybe it's too soon...

I agree 100% about Oasis. I don't think, I'll get the time to listen to this album, and I doubt VERY much, that I'll be missing out on something good. I HATE the Oasis-brothers!!! Talent my ass!!

Just like the new Blur: I listened 30 sec, and that was more than enough.

Halestorm was kind of the same. I don't really have enough time to waste on (new) music, I know, I will hate.

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos