Classic Rock Bottom

It's almost time to hand out some awards.  Everyone has a chance to be heard.  Here is your official ballot for the 2015 CRB Awards.  Participate if you would like.  Everyone is welcome.  All you have to do is fill out the ballot form below (follow directions within the ballot for specific categories please) and return it to me (RJhog) by December 15th, 2015.  On December 15th, I will start compiling a final ballot for voting. Remember, this is to determine the nominees.  After I've compiled the final voting ballot, I'll send it back out with a deadline for that as well.  I've sent this message to everyone on the site that is on my "friends" list, but I've placed it here as well in case someone wants to participate but is not on my friends list.  You can make comments about the ballot here, but your nominees have to be sent to me to be counted.  Here is your nominee ballot:

Top 10 Original Rock Albums (Best Original Rock Album will be named from this list.  List is open for any new, original material rock album released in 2105)

Best Classic Rock Album (first album must have been released on or before December 31, 1989. If this is a solo album, the artists' first solo album must have been released on or before the same date)

Best Comeback Album (At Least 8 Years Since Last Non-Covers Studio Album)

Best Metal Album

Best Prog Album

Best Solo Album (New category)

Best Male Vocalist

Best Female Vocalist

Best Guitarist (can be multiple if in same band)

Best Drummer

Best Bassist

Band Of The Year

Best Reissue (Can be a series of reissues)

CRB Lifetime Achievement Award (previous winners are: RJ Dio, Deep Purple, Jimmy Page, Black Sabbath, Warren Zevon)

Views: 95

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Been trying to track mine throughout the year, still not easy to do...  Ive bumped some really good albums off the top ten already!

I think Best Classic Rock album should still be separate like the rest of the Best Album categories.

agree...  if were picking prog, metal and solo then classic rock should stand alone as well. 

It is . But it has to be the highest ranking album from the top 10 albums. Otherwise we would look like idiots. Really, the same goes for the other categories as well. Guess I should have made that more clear.

Maybe I'm confused, but if there are no Metal albums on the top ten list there will not be a top three metal album category? If only one person has any metal albums listed, it would be their decision by default, so it would be the same with best Classic Rock, Prog, Solo and Comeback albums?

That is why you list your top 3 nominees. If there is a metal, prog and solo album on the main top 10, they will be.named the top album for that category. If not, then I refer to the individual nominations.

So that means that if I don't have a Classic Rock album listed in my top 10, I would be excluded from the Classic Rock album category.

No.  Are we really having this conversation?  This is no different that I've ever done this.  Your individual top 10 has nothing to do with the top classic rock album.  When I compile the final top 10 list, the highest ranking classic rock album, highest ranking metal album and so on will be named as that particular album of the year.  It would look really dumb to name a metal album of the year that finishes lower that a different metal album on the top 10 list.  I don't personally think there is any chance of not having at least one classic rock album on the top 10 final list.  Probably the same for metal and prog.  That may happen with the solo album, therefore we need to submit nominees for that category.  But we are also submitting nominees for metal album and prog album just in case there isn't one in the final top 10 list.

There, I changed it.  Now everyone can submit their top 3 classic rock albums.

That works best for me, just being silly with the gif bro!  Had to insert a laugh, its the best medicine...

No problems.  Hopefully I've got it all straight now.

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos