First, the rules:
1. Only double albums from the beginning of time thru 1985 will be counted.
2. NO live albums and the album(s) must be studio recordings with no live tracks
3. NO soundtracks, original Broadway cast recordings, greatest hits, etc. etc.
4. It CAN be any type of music
5. If they were double albums on vinyl but not CD, they're still double albums
6. NO triple+ albums
So there you have it. List your top 5 double albums following the rules above, and we'll tally the list in about a week and come up with the definitive list to be used by all for the rest of time.
To get things rolling, here's mine:
5. Elton John--Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
4. The Clash--London Calling
3. Led Zeppelin--Physical Graffiti
2. The Who--Quadrophenia
1. Pink Floyd--The Wall
That is, a nice list! I think all the Top 5 lists have come out well. But what do you expect, from the CRB collective? This was fun! Great suggestion, Scott! So, where do we go from here? Continue weekly or move to once a month? Will we continue with a rotation?
Well, if we did one on LIVE albums.....stay tuned though, you never know. Keep that list handy!
No worries at all, but remember to keep that list handy..or just check your email!