Classic Rock Bottom

Frontiers was Journey's follow-up to the nearly Diamond selling Escape.  It has been certified 6 X Platinum and managed to score a number two selling album.  That's not a bad way to follow a number one album.  I always considered Frontiers very strong on side one, but I never listened to side two.  For some reason, some bonehead decided that Ask The Lonely and Only The Young needed to be replaced by Troubled Child and Back Talk.  That was a terrible decision because the two pulled are absolutely great songs and only one of the two inserted is even pretty good (Troubled Child).  Also, the two that were pulled were used for soundtracks and were featured on their mega-selling Greatest Hits album (which again tells me that taking them off of Frontiers was a boneheaded move).  I also want to mention that Separate Ways (Worlds Apart) is one of Journey's greatest songs and it has one of the cheesiest videos of all time.  I like the album, but I'm sure that if those two songs would have remained it would rank a little higher on my rankings.

1. Escape

2. Infinity

3. Departure

4. Evolution

5. Captured

6. Frontiers

7. Next

8. Journey

9. Look Into The Future

Views: 18

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)