Classic Rock Bottom

About a year and a half after Priest released their debut album, they were back with Sad Wings of Destiny.  Like it's predecessor, it did not dent the U.S. nor the U.K. charts.  The Ripper was released as a single, but it also did not chart.  Let's get to the meat and potatoes.  This album definitely moves the band from a hard rock/progressive sound to a more metallic sound.  Oh, and before I forget, it's the only album to feature Alan Moore on the drums.  Tyrant is easily my favorite song here. There is also one peculiar issue with my version.  The tracks from side B are switched, putting them at the beginning of my CD.  I think it had something to do with the original pressing and the sides being switched then, but I'm not a hundred percent sure about it.  Also, this album has a killer album cover.  I like the album, but I still like Rocka Roller a bit better.

Album Ranking List:

1. Rocka Rolla

2. Sad Wings of Destiny

RJ's Ultimate Judas Priest Playlist (at least one but no more than two from each album):

1. Run Of The Mill

2. The Tyrant

Views: 15

Replies to This Discussion

I forgot to mention how much I like the album title.

I listened to this album yesterday, so it's fresh in my memory. It's slightly better than the debut. It's also a bit heavier, but not quite Heavy Metal yet. Sometimes, they sound like Queen, which is a laugh. Better things were to come, but both this one and the debut are not bad at all. 1. Sad Wings Of Destiny 2. Rocka Rolla

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

Birthdays Tomorrow

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos