Classic Rock Bottom

Album number three for Judas Priest was released in 1977.  And personally, I think the band had finally found their sound.  This is definitely a metal album.  That being said, the cover of Diamonds & Rust sounds more hard rock than metal, but otherwise it's straight up metal.  And it's pretty damn awesome.  I really have to say that the whole album, front to back, is quite good.  Therefore I am changing my previously mentioned rule.  I originally stated that I would be selecting no more than two songs form each album for my ultimate JP playlist.  But the fact that this album is really good has changed my mind.  The new rule for the rest of the catalog is that any number of songs may be selected.  That being said, what do you think of this album?

Album Ranking List:

1. Sin After Sin

2. Rocka Rolla

3. Sad Wings of Destiny

RJ's Ultimate Judas Priest Playlist (at least one but no more than two from each album):

1. Run Of The Mill

2. The Tyrant

3. Diamonds & Rust

4. Last Rose Of Summer

5. Let Us Prey/Call For The Priest

6. Dissident Aggressor

Views: 16

Replies to This Discussion

I want to add one comment.  I had to travel to Savannah this week, so on the way down I listened to Sin After Sin and Stained Class.  I also listened to each one on the way back.  And it has me in a serious 70's and early 80's metal groove. After the last one ended on the way back, I listened to Ozzy's Boneyard on SiriusXM radio.  And they played some awesome stuff, like Van Halen, Whitesnake, AC/DC, Queensryche, Blue Oyster Cult and The Scorpions.  And I loved it.  Thank you Judas Priest.

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

Birthdays Tomorrow

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos