Classic Rock Bottom

It has become very apparent that I just don't watch a lot of new movies anymore. At least not during the year they are released.

I saw just 15 movies that were released in 2023 and there are only 11 that I'd watch again. Only four of those would I want to own on DVD.

So I'm not writing a big article like I usually do. This year, I'm just going to give the list without any additional commentary.

1. DUNGEONS & DRAGONS: HONOR AMONG THIEVES
2. PLANE
3. CHAMPIONS
4. GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 3
5. BABYLON 5: THE ROAD HOME
6. GUY RITCHIE'S THE COVENANT
7. MIRANDA'S VICTIM
8. THE BURIAL (2023)
9. THE EQUALIZER 3
10. LUTHER: THE FALLEN SUN
11. MEG 2: THE TRENCH

Views: 37

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

2023 released more movies I would buy on DVD, than the previous year, and I stayed on top of new releases (at least the ones I wanted to see), so I do have a list of 10 films I liked the most. There were 16 movies in total I rated 5/5 stars. The ranked list of the 10 most entertaining movies I saw in 2023 will follow my honorable mentions.

HEART OF STONE is a Gal Gadot action flick, and she does it with grace. SAW X sees Jigsaw picking new candidates for his games. One would think this late in the franchise the games would be lame or repetative, but... they aren't. THE MURDERER is a slick, colorful Thai murder-mystery-comedy led by Mum Jokmok, who rose to international "fame" as Tony Jaa's sidekick. Here he holds his ground very well on his own, much better than Tony Jaa does with all his Hollywood cameos, I might add. GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Vol. 3 is the only superhero movie I could stomach this year, with lots of help from the stellar Soundtrack. However, if you, like me, are suffering from a Superhero movie fatigue, and only going to see one "thing" of the kind... I strongly suggest you skip this movie and go straight for the Amazon Prime series GEN V. Yes, I know it has teenagers, sighs, but it is the spin-off of THE BOYS series, based on comic book characters written by the great Garth Ennis, so you know that those teenagers will be portrayed as hopelessly horny, unmistakenly flawed murderous sob's. You know... realistically speaking. COCAINE BEAR is addictive.. to say the least. FURIES is the only full-blooded martial arts movie I'm mentioning for the entire year of 2023. Too bad. Martial arts films could populate my Top 10's alone in the past. Nevertheless, this is a great prequel to a film from 2019: Furie.

And without further ado:

1. John Wick: Chapter 4

(it's about what John Wick does best... pissing off the wrong guy, getting innocent people killed, and taking revenge afterward... you know... as complex as any great mucho movie should be)

2. Sisu

(it's about German Nazis getting sisued)

3. Rebel Moon - Part One: A Child Of Fire

(it's about a fictional Alien abduction story mastermind by Zack Snyder... Director's Cut pending...
part 2 coming April 19, 2024)

4. No One Will Save You

(it's about a true Alien abduction your government wants to shush)

5. When Evil Lurks
(it's about beeeed goats and other foul creatures)

6. Extraction II
(it's about resurrection)

7. Fast X

(it's about the second movie to catch my interest this year with "X" in the title misleading me to believe there would be X-rated scenes in it)

8. Evil Dead Rise

(it's about a suburban fairy tale)

9. Believer 2
(it's about damn great way to split a story previously told and insert parts that will blow your mind, then finish it off with one of the best ending any movie ever did)

10. Alibi.com 2
(it's about Philippe Lacheau being the only comedian these days whose movies I'd watch without checking out the trailers)

I saw the trailer for Sisu and thought I would check it out but never got around to it. Still would. I will likely see John Wick 4, but I'll have to see John Wick 3 first.

Same goes for Extraction 2, Have to see the first one.

The horror movies on your list hold no appeal for me though.

I saw Rebel Moon (liked it) and Extraction 2 (can’t remember for sure but I think I liked it). 

Sisu looks purty cool so I may seek that out. 

If I want to see Rebel Moon, I'm sure I can just watch it at my local comic shop some Saturday.

I haven’t seen any of the movies on your list but I would like to see numbers 9-11.

1. John Wick: Chapter 4
2. Mission: Impossible-Dead Reckoning: Part One
3. Evil Dead Rise
4. Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves
5. Sisu
6. The Flash
7. Champions
8. Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 3
9. Polite Society
10. When Evil Lurks

Interesting mix of films. I do want to see the Mission: Impossible movie.

It's fantastic.

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

Birthdays Tomorrow

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos