Classic Rock Bottom

What CD's or DVD's have you recently purchased?  And it doesn't have to be classic rock.  Let us know about any purchases that you think are worth sharing.

Views: 6297

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I got the Let Us Prey album The Saint of Killers on CD today when I stopped by Purchase Street Records to pick up the vinyl copy of the Illusory masterpiece album Crimson Wreath the store had ordered for me.

I picked up two Bruce Springsteen compilations from the library book sale. And believe me, those two discs were the best offerings the sale had to offer in terms of music.

Anyway, the releases were Greatest Hits and 18 Tracks.

I picked up the new Overkill CD Scorched yesterday and then grabbed up the Stormstress CD Silver Lining when I saw them in concert opening for The Iron Maidens last night. I had them sign it after their set.

I picked up the new Ian Hunter CD Defiance Part 1 today. I loved his last studio release Fingers Crossed back in 2016 and I'm looking forward to what the now 83-year-old singer has to offer on this new album.

D.D. Verni & The Cadillac Band - Let's Rattle

One of my music PR contacts asked me to review a couple of albums he's promoting and he sent along physical copies of the albums.

Those albums are:

Zeroking's American Savior

Rat Rod - Four on the Floor

He also sent along two bonus albums:

Generation Landslide - Ruling The Street Scene

Migliori Amici & Co - (best of friends)

I received the three Illusory albums Ivory Tower, Polysyllabic and Crimson Wreath on cassette in the mail. 

I picked up my copy of the new Metal Church album Congregation of Annihilation today. And I'll be getting it signed by the band when they do an in-store the night before I see them in concert.

Stopped by my friend's record shop today. Didn't really get much but I grabbed used copies of the Twisted Sister Stay Hungry CD and the Chris Caffery solo CD The Jester's Court, which I'm not really sure if I even remember that album being on my radar when it came out.

My friend's record shop, Purchase Street Records, was celebrating his own birthday, the 1-year anniversary of the shop's relocation to a bigger place and the sales tax-free weekend with a decent sale today (and running through tomorrow obviously).

So I stopped by to go through the CDs to see what I might want. In the regular CD section I only found one thing to pull the trigger on: Tesla's Mechanical Resonance album.

But he had a couple tables laid out with $2 CDs so I went through those and I found four discs to add to my collection.

The first one was a collection of 28 Irish Pub Songs done by various artists. I like Irish music and figured this would be good to check out.

Then I got Billy Joel's Greatest Hits Volume 3. I have the first two volumes and had just listened to that a couple weeks ago so it was cool to discover that he had a copy of this one on CD.

The other two CDs were both from Joe Bonamassa. The first one was his 2nd solo album So, It's Like That. And it was apparently one of the first 25,000 copies produced because it was the two disc set, the 2nd disc being a DVD from the tour for his first album A New Day Yesterday. The second album I got of his was the third solo album Blues Deluxe.

I also picked up a cassette copy of the Heretic album Breaking Point. I recently had my vinyl copy signed by the album's co-producer Kurdt Vanderhoof, but when I saw that the store had gotten a cassette copy I wanted to get it so I could do one of my Cassette Chronicles articles about it.

I got three albums today.

U.D.O. - Touchdown

Pride of Lions - Dream Higher

Winger - Seven

Technically I didn't buy them. Instead, the band sent me the two albums after they liked a review I wrote on here.

So the Power Theory albums Driven by Fear and Force of Will have been added to my collection.

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos